Keywords: Stephen Morse
Last night, I went down to the Trocadero Theatre at 10th and Arch Streets. I was prompted to go by Liz Spikoli's Philadelphia Weekly feature last week about Dan Savage, who writes the nationally syndicated column Savage Love.
Thanks to Ray Murphy of the Philadelphians Against Santorum, I was granted a video interview with Mr. Savage.
Whichever side of the political spectrum you are on, I think that my video speaks for itself. This was by far the most insane interview that I've ever conducted.
For those who need a primer on the senate race before watching the film, here are the players discussed by Mr. Savage:
Sen. Rick Santorum: As the senate's number three man, he is either hated or loved, depending on who you ask. Santorum is known as a quintessential right-winger.
Bob Casey: Son of former Pennsylvania governor Bob Casey Sr. and currently running against Santorum for his senate seat.
Carl Romanelli: Though he was tossed off the ballot two weeks ago by Commonwealth Court Judge (and former Democratic State Senator) James R. Kelley, Romanelli is still fighting a legal battle to get back on the ballot. Romanelli has little political experience. Democrats tend to hate him because ,should he be allowed back on the ballot, he could serve as a "spoiler" for the Republicans. It is widely known that individual Republicans provided the financial support to get Mr. Romanelli's campaign off the ground.
From the interview:
- "Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope." (2:41)
- "The Green party and its supporters are tools and fools for the republicans and the radicial right." (2:50)
- "Any progressive who votes for a Green anymore after Nader and now Romanelli is a fucking idiot and should be beaten with sticks." (3:05)
- "Romanelli may want to … rim my ass three times a week, that doesn't make him better for me. And it doesn't make his presence on the ballot better for me than a casey victory." (3:31)
- "Mr. Romanelli should go fuck himself." (4:00)
- "If Carl Romanelli gets back on the ballot, someone should run him over with a truck." (5:22)
You may link to this video as you please, but if you intend to use it for commercial purposes, please contact Stephen Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org.