Piccadilly line's new timetable
IN preparation for the opening of Heathrow Terminal 5 and the new Tube station, a revised Piccadilly line timetable will be introduced this Sunday, January 13.
It will continue to be used when the extension opens to customers.The service on the Heathrow branch of the line will operate as follows:
- Six trains per hour from central London will run direct from Hatton Cross to Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 - not via the T4 loop. When the trains return, they will pick up eastbound passengers at Terminals 1, 2 and 3
- Six trains per hour from central London will continue to operate to Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3, via Heathrow Terminal 4 station and the T4 loop. They will stop at Heathrow Terminal 4 for up to eight minutes, before returning towards central London via Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3
- The new timetable will mean six out of the 12 trains will take approximately 12 minutes longer to travel from central London to Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3
It will also affect first and last train times for Piccadilly line services at stations along the line.
Changes at Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 station
Both platforms are currently for eastbound services to Cockfosters via central London.
From Sunday, they will operate as follows:
- Platform 1 for all passengers alighting at Terminals 1, 2 and 3
- Platform 2 for all passengers departing eastbound and via central London
For more information and to plan your journey, visit tfl.gov.uk