||FZ-2 HYPER Fuzz
The FZ-2 is a distortion pedal with three modes: Fuzz 1, Fuzz 2 and Gain Boost. Fuzz 1 is used for
a "booming" sound, Fuzz 2 for treble sound and Gain boost when the FZ-2 is used together with amp
distortion. The FZ-2 attempts to create a fuzz sound reminiscent of the 60's and 70's but it also
has the possibility to create a sound that is more in the grunge direction.
Boss Guitar Effects Guide Book vol.12 (1997):
The FZ-2 recreates the classic fuzz tone sound characteristics of '60s guitar greats, which is re-emerging
as an integral sound of the'90s.With 3 modes and 4 different controls, you can use the FZ-2 to create a wide
variety of fuzz tone sounds. You can also use the FZ-2 as a convenient gain booster.
Using the FZ-2
- For a classic fuzz sound: This setting gives you vintage fuzz tone with plenty of
harmonics and distortion. By lowering your guitar tone and selecting your front
pickup you can get a ring modulation-style effect.
(Fig. 1: Level 5, Bass 5, Treble 8, Gain 10, Mode Fuzz I)
- For an in-your-face grunge tones: Put the FZ-2 in Fuzz II mode and set the TREBLE
TONE and GAIN to maximum. This lets you create an awesome grunge sound.
(Fig. 2: Level 5, Bass 4, Treble 10, Gain 10, Mode Fuzz II)
- To use the FZ-2 as a treble booster: Set the FZ-2 to the GAIN BOOST mode and put
it before another distortion unit and your amplifier to add extra punch for a
powerful distortion tone.
(Fig. 3: Level 8, Bass 5, Treble 6, Gain 8, Mode Gain Boost)
- Controls: Level, Tone, Gain, 3-Way Mode Switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 16 mA (DC 9V)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The FZ-2 was sold from April 1993 to June 1997.