www.meijijingu.or.jp  Meiji Jingu

Shrine Building

 

 

 

  The original Meiji Jingu was burnt down in air raids during the Second World War. The present shrine buildings date from November 1958. They consist of the Main Shrine, built in the Nagerezukuri style, together with Noritoden (where the words of praise the Emperor and Empress are recited), Naihaiden (the Inner Shrine), Gehaiden (the Outer Shrine), Shinko (the Treasure House), Shinsenjo (the Consecrated Kitchen for the preparation of the food offerings) and some office buildings. The materials are mainly plain Japanese cypress with copper plates for the roofs.


The Main Shrine

The Inner Shrine

The Noritoden    



The Outer Shrine

 



Copyright 1997 Meiji Jingu. All Rights Reserved.