Communist Party of Peru
The Communist Party of Peru bases itself on Marxism-Leninism-Maoism,
principally Maoism, and, specifically, on Gonzalo Thought as the creative
application of this universal truth to the concrete conditions of the Peruvian
revolution by Chairman Gonzalo, leader of our Party.
The Communist Party of Peru, the organized vanguard of the proletariat
in Peru, which is part of the international proletariat, assumes the following
very important basic principles:
- Contradiction, the sole and fundamental law of the incessant transformation
of eternal matter;
- The masses are the makers of history, and "It is right to rebel;"
- Class struggle, the dictatorship of the proletariat, and proletarian internationalism;
- The necessity of a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Communist Party which applies
with firmness its independence, independent decision, and self reliance;
- Combat imperialism, revisionism and reaction implacably and relentlessly;
- Conquer and defend power through the People's War;
- Militarization of the Party and the concentric construction of the
three instruments of the revolution;
- Two-line struggle as the motive force of the Party's development;
- Constant ideological transformation and always putting politics in
- Serve the people and the world proletarian revolution; and,
- Absolute selflessness and just and correct style of work.
The Communist Party of Peru has communism as the final goal. Thus, given
that Peruvian society today is oppressed and exploited by imperialism,
bureaucrat capitalism and semifeudalism, the revolution has a democratic
first stage, a socialist second stage in order to, subsequently, unfold
successive cultural revolutions. At this time, with the People's War, the
Party is developing the democratic revolution, having as its immediate
goal the conquest of country-wide power. To this end we proclaim the following
General Programme of the
- Destruction of the Peruvian State -- a dictatorship of the exploiters
headed by the big bourgeoisie -- of its repressive armed forces which sustain
it and all of its bureaucratic apparatus.
- Sweep away imperialist oppression, primarily Yankee, Soviet social
imperialism, and that of any other imperialist power or country; general
confiscation of its monopolies, factories, banks and all forms of its property,
including the external debt.
- Destroy bureaucratic capitalism, both private and state; confiscate
all of its economic properties, possessions and rights, along with those
of imperialism, for the benefit of the new state.
- Liquidation of semifeudal property and all of its subsistent modes,
confiscating it to give the lands to the peasantry, primarily the poor
peasantry, applying the principle of "Land to those who work it."
- Respect the property and rights of the national bourgeoisie, and the
middle bourgeoisie, in the countryside as well as the cities.
- Fight to establish the People's Republic of Peru as a united front
of classes based on the alliance of the working class and peasantry led
by the proletariat headed by its Communist Party; this is the formation
of the New Democracy which will carry forward a new economy, a new politics,
and a new culture.
- Develop the people's war which, through a revolutionary army of a new
type under the absolute leadership of the Party, destroys part by part
the old power, principally its armed and repressive forces, and serves
to construct the new power for the proletariat and people.
- Culminate the formation of the Peruvian nation, really unifying the
country to defend it against all imperialist and reactionary aggression,
safeguarding the rights of the minorities.
- Foster the development of the Peruvian proletariat as part of the international
working class, the formation and strengthening of communist parties and
their unification in a revived international communist movement guided
by Marxism-Leninism-Maoism; all of this so that the proletariat can fulfill
its great and historic mission as the final class.
- Defend the liberties, rights, benefits and conquests that the working
class and masses have achieved at the cost of their own blood, recognizing
these and guaranteeing that they are really in force through a "Declaration
of the Rights of the People." Respect particularly the right to religious
conscience, but in its exact dimensions, to believe as well as not to believe.
To combat as well all arrangements harmful to the popular interests, especially
any form of free labor or personal duty or oppressive taxes which are imposed
on the people.
- Real equality for women; a better future for the youth; protection
for mothers and children; respect and support for the aged.
- A new culture as a fighting weapon to concretize the new nationality,
that serves the popular masses and is guided by the scientific ideology
of the proletariat. Give special importance to education.
- Support the struggles of the international proletariat, of the oppressed
nations and peoples of the world; fighting against the superpowers, the
United States and the Soviet Union, imperialism in general, international
reaction and revisionism of every form; understanding the Peruvian revolution
as part of the world proletarian revolution.
- Struggle tenaciously and heroically for the full and complete victory
of the democratic revolution throughout the country, and, this stage completed,
immediately and without any transition period, go over to the socialist
revolution in order to, together with the international proletariat, the
oppressed nations and the peoples of the world, through cultural revolutions,
continue humanity's march to its final goal, communism.
But considering that the democratic revolution in the country is going
through a period characterized by:
- deepening of the general crisis of Peruvian society, principally bureaucratic
- growing reactionary character of the State, today with an APRA government
that is fascist and corporatist, headed by the genocidal Garcia Pérez;
- sharpening of the class struggle, with the masses grasping more and
more the necessity to combat and resist;
- the people's war that is growing; and,
- the people need a People's Republic built according to the principles
of New Democracy.