Get vaccinated at a public health unit or doctor’s office to protect against:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Guardasil (recommended for women, to protect against HPV)
Use Physical Protection
From an infection standpoint, kissing someone is like kissing everyone they have ever kissed.
- Always require a condom to be used
- If one of your partners might have herpes, ensure that they are taking medication.
Herpes is most transmissible when it is not visible.
Get Tested for STDs
Testing is the classy, health conscious thing to do:
- Many STDs are incurable, and can be deadly if they are not treated.
- The rates of STD infection are staggering, and on the rise (read the sidebar)
For example: 1/300 Americans have HIV/AIDs, and 25% don’t know it
- Condoms break, are often worn incorrectly, and must be worn the entire time to be effective
You can get tested here, at SxCheck.com. World-class medical experts. Recognized by the CDC. Convenient and affordable. If you are positive for an STD , our doctors can provide medication