Highfield Road, Coventry City
Attendance: 51,455 v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Division 2, April 29th, 1967.
Ground Opened in 1899 - the club moved to the Ricoh Arena in 2005.
Thanks to Juztin Long for providing the photo below:
The Spion Kop Terrace was built in 1922. It was made all seated in 1981 when Coventry City became the first club in England to have an all seated stadium. The experiment failed four years later the seats were removed from the Kop (East Terrace) and it became all standing once again. The Kop was replaced by a new stand (costing £4.3m) in 1993.
Highfield Road has now been demolished and has been replaced by a housing estate.
Return To The Old Grounds