Last 5 forum topics...
- Site changes by MECU
- Trivia #10 by bsd987
- Excited by michiganfan1980
- Returning Players by scottishduck88
- Greatest Coaches (All Sports) by Trey
|<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>|
|Results 1 - 7 of 18|
Unofficial BCS Fan Poll (and others) believes that the fans should be involved in deciding what teams are crowned national champions and given a chance for the top bowls. Why are only the head coaches, 6 computers, the random people involved with the Harris Poll and selected sports journalists allowed to make this selection? There are several million fans that can and should be allowed to participate in the BCS Rankings.
With head coaches that vote like this, giving their former teams a very undeserving 25th place vote, how serious do they take this? Would YOU vote Duke #25? Would you vote for any game on a 20-game losing streak? Still think coaches aren't biased?
- Vote honorably.
- All newcomers must serve a minimum of 4 weeks in provisional status.*
- Once the 4 week period has passed, they must submit to become official where their 4-week voting period (or more) will be reviewed. If deemed honorable, they are then granted official pollster status.
- Any dishonorable vote is grounds to have all previous votes removed and placed back in provisional status.**
- Vote regularly.
- You must vote in the pre-season through the final champion poll.
- Miss just one week and you are back to provisional status for the rest of the season.
- * One-time exception was granted for users who registered prior to or during the 2007 season.
- ** Errors realized after the voting has closed but before any dishonorable vote claim will be corrected and forgiven unless routine.
- All polls are public at all times.
- Put your bias aside. Seriously. (Vote Honorably).
- We will always be free.
Each individual ballot from an Official Pollster is combined in the same manner as the Coaches, AP, and Harris Poll. Each first place vote receives 25 points, each second place vote received 24 points, third place received 23 points and so forth, until the 25th place team gets 1 point. The points are combined and the team with the most points is #1, second most number of points is number 2 and so forth. After the end of the voting period, and a reasonable amount of time to weed out any bad votes, the poll becomes official. You may also see the total votes involving the probationary voters that are not counted in the official poll.
How to use:
- Goto the forums and register, if needed.
- Vote, when the voting booth is open (Sundays and Mondays).
- Comply with the rules (always).
- Spread the word! (thanks)
- We will always be free.
Want to help out with the concept? Post up, spread the word! Techy web people are also needed. Inquire within in the forums.