BioWare Atari
BioWare Info BioWare Games Support Forums Visit the BioWare Store
Neverwinter Nights Home
Neverwinter Nights Home

NWN 1: Players - Official Campaign (Spoilers Warning)

New Topic    Post Reply

Go to Page ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 Next )

Add this To My Topics

Go To Bottom

Author Sticky: henchman solutions
WelkinDust
Game Owner
Profile: WelkinDustNWN
NWN: SoU
NWN: HotU

Posted: Sunday, 01 October 2006 09:37PM
Okay I'm having the same issue now. I'm playing through single player mode, the Official Campaign of NWN. I'm halfway through Chapter 3, and Sharwyn died again... She dies a lot. But when I used the Stone of Recall to return to the temple and get her back, a few hours and many quicksaves later, she's not there! I've gone back through the area where she died the last time and she's not there. I don't have a save with her there, so I can't go back. I tried using the DM Client to script her back in, but when I try to load my game it gives me the dreaded "CD Key unauthorized" and won't let me do it. I've rechecked my CD keys, they're all correct, but nevertheless it says they're wrong. Any suggestions here? I've never had my henchman disappear like this, and since the DM Client won't work I don't know what to do.
  Profile: WelkinDust   Send Message To: WelkinDust
dpbass1984
Game Owner
Profile: dpbass1984NWN

Posted: Thursday, 05 October 2006 02:33AM
>>Do you still have Tomi's contract? He won't recognise you without it. If not, try >>looking in the Divining Pool at the back of the building where you appear when you >>activate the Stone of Recall.

Yup, still got it. Still not working. I just ditched the game and did started over. I just gotta make sure I hire and fire via dialogue instead of the radial menu.

Oh well, I'm a chick this time!!

Edited By dpbass1984 on 10/05/06 02:34

Profile: dpbass1984   Send Message To: dpbass1984
inoble
Game Owner
Profile: inobleNWN

Posted: Friday, 13 October 2006 10:41AM
Like several other people posting here, I have run into a henchman problem in Chapter 2 of the OC.

My Rogue (Tomi) has got stuck in permanent combat mode. I think this may have been caused by not using the conversation panel to dismiss him.

He just stands in the barracks now shouting about halfling death and I can't talk to him as I get a message that this object is busy.

I just wanted to check if there had been any solutions discovered for this?
  Profile: inoble   Send Message To: inoble
dieyouevilfrustratingprogram
Game Owner
Profile: dieyouevilfrustratingprogramNWN

Posted: Saturday, 14 October 2006 05:34PM
Is there any chance you could throw a charm person on Tomi and maybe reset him?
  Profile: dieyouevilfrustratingprogram   Send Message To: dieyouevilfrustratingprogram
Tybae
Game Owner
Profile: TybaeNWN
NWN 2

Posted: Sunday, 22 October 2006 09:28PM
Quote: Posted 10/13/06 10:41 (GMT) by inoble

Like several other people posting here, I have run into a henchman problem in Chapter 2 of the OC.

My Rogue (Tomi) has got stuck in permanent combat mode. I think this may have been caused by not using the conversation panel to dismiss him.

He just stands in the barracks now shouting about halfling death and I can't talk to him as I get a message that this object is busy.

I just wanted to check if there had been any solutions discovered for this?

Use the stone of recall and see if he follows you. If not, then exit and restart.
  Profile: Tybae   Send Message To: Tybae
bigzig78
Game Owner
Profile: bigzig78NWN

Posted: Friday, 01 December 2006 05:51AM
I also had the "henchman stuck in combat" problem wherein Grimgnaw kept shouting his phrases and I could never rest. I ended up resolving the problem by issuing the "Stand Your Ground" command through the radial menu. He then exited combat and started behaving normally again.
  Profile: bigzig78   Send Message To: bigzig78
ShadowHawk1967
Game Owner
Profile: ShadowHawk1967NWN

Posted: Wednesday, 06 December 2006 10:18PM
I've read a lot of posts trying to find a fix for the problem of getting henchman to change from melee to ranged weapons when told to but have been unable to find anything that works (for me)

I have the original game with no expansions. The version number was 1.11 which I played for a bit before patching to 1.68. Before patching, I was able to get the henchman to use ranged weapons without a problem. Now after patching to 1.68 they say they will use ranged weapons without changing over.

Is there a fix for the standard game or would I need to get the expansions (SoU/HoTU) to have a chance of fixing it?
  Profile: ShadowHawk1967   Send Message To: ShadowHawk1967
casey69
Game Owner
Profile: casey69NWN

Posted: Friday, 29 December 2006 04:01AM
Good Evening,

I'm new to NWN, did a lot of searching for this question but can't find an answer.

Can you give new armor and weapons to your henchman. I played a module today where you could do that. I'm back in OC now with Daelen RedTiger as my henchman, and I can't talk to him to give him a newer weapon.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,

Casey
  Profile: casey69   Send Message To: casey69
evilbill-agqx
Game Owner
Profile: evilbill-agqxNWN

Posted: Friday, 29 December 2006 05:45PM
Quote: Posted 12/29/06 04:01 (GMT) by casey69

Good Evening,

I'm new to NWN, did a lot of searching for this question but can't find an answer.

Can you give new armor and weapons to your henchman. I played a module today where you could do that. I'm back in OC now with Daelen RedTiger as my henchman, and I can't talk to him to give him a newer weapon.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,

Casey

You can't change your henchman's gear in the OC, only in HOTU I think. The best you can do is tell him to level up so he'll equip some better gear himself.
Game Owner
Profile: casey69NWN

Posted: Friday, 29 December 2006 10:25PM
Thank you for the reply, appreciate it.

Cheers,

Casey
  Profile: casey69   Send Message To: casey69
tbart19
Game Owner
Profile: tbart19NWN

Posted: Monday, 08 January 2007 06:54PM
Just finished reading all the posts - Great info. Still a little confused. I have a good amount of the quest items in my sack (I had no idea about the quests) and was just about to go onto chapter 2. So if I speak to one of the henchmen/women & find out their quest will it matter that I already have the ring, the leven bread paper etc. that they need? I was wondering if I should store it first, talk/hire, dismiss them, retrieve item and talk to them again.
Game Owner
Profile: evilbill-agqxNWN

Posted: Tuesday, 09 January 2007 12:04AM
Nope, it doesn't matter if you already have the quest item. Just means that if you're a high enough level, you can go through all three of their story dialogues and give it to them straight away.
Game Owner
Profile: KarllotNWN

Posted: Thursday, 11 January 2007 10:29AM
Iīve been reading all the posts here and lot of people has or had problems with hench weapon change.
Well once I solved this problem using a realy strange and easy procedure.

I was playing with a palladin and my hench was Tomi, and to kill the yuan-ti in chapter 1/Beggarīs Nest I asked him to use melee weapon (I always play with tomi as missile weapon), when we finished the battle I asked him to use missile again and he stayed with melee .... well as a palladin I had that magic "Magic Weapon" (that gives the character +1 to hit and damage, and the weapon become sacred giving more +1d8 to undeads and just work on melee weapons), I cast this magic on him and told didnīt work because he was with a missile weapon in hand and than the bug has thrown away.

Resume: Melee weapon, I asked to hand missile weapon, he stayed with melee in hand, I casted "Magic Weapon", didnīt work and in his hand chenged to missile weapon as I asked.

See ya warriors!!!!

Edited By Karllot on 01/11/07 10:31

Profile: Karllot   Send Message To: Karllot
Bugcatcher Ed
Game Owner
Profile: Bugcatcher EdNWN

Posted: Tuesday, 30 January 2007 02:07AM
I'm having the "stuck in combat mode" problem with Sharwyn in chapter 2. She also isn't part of my party, and talking to her gets an "object busy message". Any suggestions? I'm tempted just to export my character, start a new chapter 2, and import the character.
  Profile: Bugcatcher Ed   Send Message To: Bugcatcher Ed
Blackwhyn
Game Owner
Profile: BlackwhynNWN

Posted: Sunday, 11 February 2007 06:55PM
hi, I'm new to the forum and i'm having a problem with tomi; when i was fighting meldanen in chapter 1 tomi died, then i continued playing. When i went to the temple i noticed he wasn't there but i had already saved, i tried to use the dm client but when i click load the game says:
"Attempting to find server
Server connection has failed
Server is not responding(timed out)"
What should I do?
  Profile: Blackwhyn   Send Message To: Blackwhyn

Go to Page ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 Next )

New Topic    Post Reply

What do these icons mean?
Where can I learn how to use the forums?

Jump To:

Bring Down the Sky now available
Neverwinter Nights 2 Forums
Hide/Show

English
Deutsch
Franįais
Espaņol
Italiano

Hide/Show

View Latest Screenshots 

View Latest Screenshots
Hide/Show

Multiplayer Games at Neverwinter Connections

Today
Schedule a Game...

Current time is: (set time)
Tue, 15 April 2008 06:35AM

Hide/Show

Buy Premium Modules

Top NWN: HotU Modules:
1. TORTURED HEARTS II.
2. More...

Top NWN: SoU Modules:
1. TORTURED HEARTS II.
2. More...

Top CEP Modules:
1. The Lord of Terror The Diablo Campa...
2. More...

Top Modules - NWVault:
1. Hall of Fame
2. More...

Total Modules: 4423

Hide/Show

3,912,071 BioWare Users:
  33 Logged In
  2 Hidden
  128 Guests

973 Playing Online
  100% NWN
  98% NWN: SoU
  98% NWN: HotU

570 Registered Guilds

7,503,241 posts in forums

Newest Forum Topics:
1. A new breed of Kotor series... (... (Xbox Version (Spoilers Will Be Moved) - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

2. Screenshots and whatnot (Mass Effect General Discussion (No spoilers allowed))

3. Inventory Strip Script (NWN2 Mysteries of Westgate Adventure Pack)

4. Multiplayer Campaign Help! (NWN2: General discussion forums for NWN2 (No Spoilers Allowed))

5. New animations (NWN2: Custom Content)