Welcome Guest

UPDATE For Guitar Hero II On The Xbox 360 Options
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 9:05:44 PM
Groups: Admin

A title update for Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360 will be available on Xbox Live at 4:00 am PDT on Saturday, April 14 that should resolve the situation where input from the whammy bar was not always recognized. Downloading the update should resolve this issue for all Activision Guitar Hero branded guitar models.
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 9:34:27 PM
Groups: Guitar Hero

Many thanks. I was bringing my guitar back. Everyone post if it worked for theirs! /crosses fingers

Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 1:05:13 PM

my game won't work now cause of the update
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:00:59 PM

did your xbox freeze up? this happend to my friend he updated and now it freezes after about 5 minutes of playing hte 360 now he is sending it in to m$
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 9:28:45 PM

This fixed my problem guitar substantially. An excellent show of good-will in the face of strong criticism about the performance of the Xplorer controller.
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:33:43 PM

What about people who can't hook up XBL? (Like me)

Hey, a sig! :D

Random Insanity Online - #$%@ing join it or we'll rape you!
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:43:23 PM

My 360 just died today as well, after I downloaded the update. I called in the return to MS.

It started with a screen freeze during "Carry On...", then on subsequent reboots, it would freeze sooner and sooner into the game, to the point where it was freezing before the 360 dashboard appeared. I stopped when the 3 flashing red lights appeared and decided to call in MS support.

Very coincidental, IMO.
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:38:40 AM

My 360 is freezing too. I downloaded the patch and played GH2 for an hour or so and it worked fine. Now it continually freezes when I play. I can't even get though an entire track, and sometimes when the 360 boots up it freezes too. This is complete crap.
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:30:00 AM

Looks like we are not alone:
http://forums.xbox.com/3/11717177/ShowPost.aspx
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:37:31 AM

Thx RedOctane for freezing up my xbox 360.
I'm lucky because I Live in Belgium. Here we have a warranty of 2 years on our hardware but what with the other people who live in a country where the don't have such a warranty. Do you dare to take responsibility and refine the people who suffered damage. I hope for them you do.
For the rest, Guitar Hero rocks despite the crash.
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:32:11 PM

I posted in another thread, but I'll post it here too.

My 360 is off warranty and after loading the patch it is now bricked.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

So how come I'm on the hook for $168 replacement charge from Microsoft and not RedOctane?

And to think, i have been the biggest proponent for this game; convincing everyone I could to pick it up. Of course, I made sure to call them all right afterwards and warn them against installing it.

Thanks RedOctane. I'm never buying another one of your products again. And hopefully I can convince my friends of the same.
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2007 8:32:23 AM

it works!!
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2007 2:46:04 PM

Still no official word on the patch issues then?

I'm afraid to play the game in case it happens to me.
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:29:55 PM

I just got GH2 for my 360 3 days ago and I updated the minute I got it just because it asked me to. I had not even heard about an issue with this update until yesterday and my xbox has been fine. until today..., I've never had a problem with anything on my xbox until today I finished a track on hard and my xbox turned off and there was a red light where it's normally green. Sooooo, I just restarted the console and after one song the same exact thing happened so I searched forums and found out this may be why. I think it's no coincidence not to sound cliche or like I know it but something needs to be done. Not only am I practically addicted to this game but i'm about 90 bucks on it for breaking my system is there atleast a solution or is my xbox completely done for?
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:42:05 PM

After downloading the patch I was able to play my x box 360 until I shut down my console. The next time I booted it up, I get the dashboard and it will say reading on the disk tray icon and then after that it will say unreadable disk. No matter what game, c.d, or dvd I put into my xbox it no longer works. I called microsoft and now I have to send my x box 360 away to be replaced and I wont get to play my x box for about a month or so. If I get a new one and this game screws it up again. Next Time I am calling you guys and you can send me a 360 that will work. This is complete garbage!
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 4:32:10 AM

i keep getting booted off of xbox live when i play Guitar hero even though i have the update >.<
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 7:42:30 PM

Yeah, I got the update and it did..... nothing. My bar still has a slight delay to it. Luckily though, my xbox hasn't stopped working because of the update. I was just wondering if anyone would like to comment on any of the issues that have been brought up in this forum: Is there any way we could get some answers on why the update has done nothing to some xboxes, rendered some xboxes useless and worked effectively on others?
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:56:08 AM

Got GHII yesterday, got 3-4 hours in with no problems. Today, red lights on my first boot. I restart and play for maybe an hour. I watched a movie. Then a couple hours later I turn on my 360...I am now the proud owner of a brick! Thanks for charging $90 to toast my 360! I've never had a problem until I used this game. I am still in shock. No more games for me. I certainly hope RedOctane will do something for myself and the countless others who's consoles have been ruined by their product. BTW I was not online at all during this time. I never downloaded the patch cause the game was working....for a little while...
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:37:08 PM

I've sent you guys messages and posted on here as well are you guys even attempting to resolve this issue. It is very serious; obviously it is doing something to a large amount of 360s. This section of the forum is all about talking to you guys and I'm speaking to a wall. I'm not saying there needs to be an immediate fix this second but like many others my xbox is sitting with a brand new 90 dollar game under my tv for the last 4 days unplayed because I get error messages, red lights, and now simply it will not even get to the dashboard. I have to send it away whenever ever I get the box from microsoft to do so and I know that will not be a quick process. Are you guys even doing something about this or do you even care that alot of people are spending close to a hundred dollars on your product to only be put in this situation and become angrier by the day because of it?
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:47:15 AM

i read there was an issue w/ the patch when it came out, got gh today, figured that would have been remedied by now. throw it in, load it up, download the patch, enter my band name, select my first song to play... and that's the end of that chapter.

not only did i figure the patch would have been "patched" by now, but through all the other system patches that have screwed up systems, i've been unharmed. so, this was a real kick in the beanbag.

"luckily," i call ms and i'm on the last day of my warranty. how that worked out, i do not know, but now i play the waiting game. to top that off, i was told 3-5 business days, (3-5!!!) just to get the box to ship it back in. then another 6-8 to get it back. i thought that ms had expedited this process w/ their new extended warranty and better customer service. so apparently april patches bring may actually getting to play guitar hero. or anything else at all. so pissed. and i don't know where to be pissed. RedOctane for this bs patch, or ms for letting it through?

also, hilariously, this, "wasn't a software issue, and merely a coincidence." seriously. so says my customer service rep. i hope they were recording my laughing in her face to better their service.

ps. the waiting game sucks. and i do not have hungry, hungry hippos.