Do Your Own Appraisal
All the Dolls
Molded-On T-Strap Shoe Dolls
8-Inch Teen Dolls
9 - Inch Child-Bodied Dolls
If You're Serious About Small Vintage Dolls, This book is a Must-Have:
TIPS FOR IDENTIFYING GINGER:
All GINGER DOLLS have these traits, regardless of eye style.
- Unique dimple on chin (actually a vertical dent just below lower lip)
- Dimples on knuckles, at base of fingers and above toes
- Mold seams cut through the middle of each ear.
- All 5 fingers are separate with excellent detail
- Mold flaw (circle) on the palms of hands at the wrist:
- faint navel
- feet have toes (with definite dimples above each toe) rather than molded shoes
- the toes are the same length.
- "Ginger" arm hook: (It's similar to a PMA "standard" or "C" hook, except for the squared-off base)
- Ginger's eyebrows are a fine arch that taper nicely to a point on each end. Other dolls made from the Ginger mold often have thicker blunt-ended eyebrows.
True Ginger eyebrows; Right: Doll made from Ginger mold - but note blunt-end brows
- Cosmopolitan did not mark its hard plastic dolls.
Vinyl heads are marked.
- Ginger has a wider stance than most dolls (exception: Uneeda Janie and some of the "Neither-Ginger-Nor-Pam-faced" dolls)
- Pam stands with feet close together.
- Ginger stands with feet wide-apart.
- There are other torso differences, as well. Pam (along with most other dolls of this genre) has a very childlike, undefined torso.
- Ginger is shapelier, with a hint of waistline and broader hips.
[ Ginger History ] [ Ginger Spinoffs ] [ How To Identify Ginger ] [ Painted-Toe Ginger Spinoffs ]
[ Do Your Own Appraisal ] [ Historical Overview ] [ All the Dolls ] [ Lesser-Known Dolls ] [ Madame Alexander ] [ Betsy McCall ] [ Ginger ] [ Ginny ] [ Molded-On T-Strap Shoe Dolls ] [ Mindy ] [ Muffie ] [ 8-Inch Teen Dolls ] [ Barbie ] [ 9 - Inch Child-Bodied Dolls ]