Continuing our recent tradition of WebKit fix lists, here is the list of WebKit bug fixes in Safari 2.0.2, which is included in the Mac OS X 10.4.3 Software Update. This list is courtesy of Safari/WebKit Integration Engineer Tim Hatcher. As an added bonus, the versions on the release branch are tagged
- Passed the Acid2 test. The detailed list of fixes was posted on hyatt’s blog.
- Fixed parsing of the
<p>in strict mode.
- Added support for min/max-width/height for positioned elements.
- Fixed the rendering glitch that caused the reference page to paint garbage.
- Made sure that percentages that go to
autodon’t mess up the self-collapsing block check.
- Implement full SGML-style comment parsing for HTML in strict mode.
- Make sure empty tables honor CSS-specified height in strict mode.
- Fixed baseline alignment within table cells to use the bottom of empty blocks.
- Fixed floats to not grow if child floats overhang but the height of the outer float is auto.
- Made sure percentage min-height goes to 0 and not auto when the percentage does not apply.
- Implemented fallback content for the
<object>element and fixed intrinsic sizing to work properly when images are specified in the object element.
- Disabled antialiasing for the drawing of polygons.
- Fixed parsing of the
- Eliminated many memory leaks and other sources of memory growth.
- Fixed a bug where the WebKit page cache can grow without bound when there is a snapback item around.
- Fixed several 32-byte leaks related to XMLHttpRequest.
- Fixed a memory leak in KWQArrayImpl::resize().
- Fixed many leaks of StyleBaseImpl called within computeAndStoreNodeDesiredStyle within -[WebView paste:].
- Fixed many leaks of StyleBaseImpl called within fixupNodeStyles within -[WebView paste:].
- Fixed many leaks of StyleBaseImpl within startMarkup within -[WebHTMLView _writeSelectionToPasteboard:].
- Fixed many leaks of StyleBaseImpl within createMarkup within -[WebHTMLView _writeSelectionToPasteboard:].
- Fixed 14 leaks of WebFileButton and associated objects, seen after running WebKit layout tests.
- Many RTL/bidi text fixes.
- Several fixes in WebCore’s bidi algorithm.
- Fixed a bug where Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi and other RTL languages were being rendered with incorrect weighting.
- Fixed a bug where Hebrew, Arabic and other RTL languages would fail to render RTL in some cases.
- Made visually ordered Hebrew render correctly.
- Fixed incorrect bidi layout of ETs, ANs, and ENs in some contexts.
- Fixed the final layout order of text runs with different bidi embedding levels.
- Fixed bidi layout in many cases of explicit Unicode embedding.
- Fixed layout when English numbers appear in the among the RTL characters.
- Fixed a bug where Hebrew or Arabic text on long pages became garbled.
- Added support for
multipart/x-mixed-replacecontent (often used by web cams).
catchblocks where there is no
tryblock, only a
- Improved date string parsing when making
- Fixed a bug where some applet LiveConnect calls threw privileged exceptions.
Date.setUTC...()functions take Daylight Savings Time into account.
- Fixed a bug where XML parsing during an
XMLHttpRequestspins up the hard drive, preventing idle sleep.
- Fixes a crash when an
NULLdocument (seen commonly on Friendster and the Apple Widget download page).
<canvas>backing store is now zero filled to prevent corrupted areas.
- Made sure that
event.targetis always an element, not a text node.
- Fixed a bug where line breaks do not show in blocks styled with
whitespace: pre; word-wrap: break-word.
- Changed the HTML parser to no longer strip new-lines after tags in most cases - now it will only strip the newline immediately after a
document()function is now implemented for XSLT.
- Better tab support in editable areas (primarily in Mail when composing messages.)
- Improved word selection with tabs characters on the same line.
- Fixed an editing bug where deleting a line sometimes makes the insertion point jump to the top.
- Fixed designMode to allow editing in an
- Made selecting an item from a
<select>menu with the mouse add a focus ring if keyboard access is on.
- No longer ignore CSS font-family and font-size on
<select>elements with size > 1.
- Menu separator support: an <hr> inside a <select> with size 1 will now add a horizontal separator in the menu.
document.writeln()work with windows opened via
window.open("about:blank")in same function.
- Fixed a bug where
window.openfails if name attribute is the name as a window just closed in same function.
- Support for
scrollIntoViewmethod for DOM elements.
XMLSerializer.serializeToStringhandle any DOM element, not just documents.
- Made the
<canvas>element handle bezier curves correctly.
- Added support to
- Fixed a bug where
insertRow()on a table containing whitespace with no
<td>elements would fail.
- Scrollbars are now updated properly when laying out pages.
- WebKit will now display in composited Carbon windows.
- More Objective-C DOM classes are now exported to allow categories or do other things that require class name linking.
- Fixed an Objective-C DOM bug where changing a style value in a style sheet rule didn’t reflect the change in the WebView.
- Fixed a bug where Shockwave for Director renders 3D content vertically offset from embed space when using OpenGL.
- Fixed a bug in some cases where named anchors don’t scroll to the right place.
throwstatements would fail inside
invalidDate, substitute the local timezone.
- Fixed a bug where tiled images tiled incorrectly when printing.