Double-Deck Pinochle is a card game for four players. This site describes the rules, offers a Windows program that plays Double-Deck Pinochle, and contains links to other WWW sites.
Double-Deck Pinochle 4.0 Beta 3 is now available for Windows 95/98/NT.
The Beta version is an incomplete release of Pinochle Version 4.0. New features include:
- Improved computer bidding (meld, jump, and strength bids understood)
- Improved colors and faster graphics on most systems
- Modifiable computer player "personalities"
- Can bid and play with keyboard controls
- User interface improvements (tips, new dealing features, etc.)
Note that internet / network play is not yet available in the 4.0 Beta version, but is planned to be added in later releases as a free upgrade.
More information about Double-Deck Pinochle 4.0 for Windows Beta Version.
I'm proud: Pinochle 3.6 was awarded a three star rating by Ziff-Davis!
Double-Deck Pinochle was also a selection of the Software of the Month Club!
- Download Double-Deck Pinochle
- Register Double-Deck Pinochle
- Double-Deck Pinochle Rules
- About Double-Deck Pinochle
- Frequently Asked Questions about Double-Deck Pinochle
- Technical Support Questions
- Information for Current Users
- Status of Next Upgrade Version
- Links to Other WWW Sites
Information for Current Users
Try these Game Numbers for Pinochle 4.0 / 3.6 / 3.0
289618 13056 600588 229350 389758 108680 277020 125955 76220 169320 41840 693963 242385 26312 321981 272342 884120 578754 100890 9620
Note: These game numbers assume that you have the following options set:
- Options | General Setup | Dealing | Use Ver 4.0 [or 3.6 or 3.0] Dealing Method
- Options | General Setup | Dealing | Rotate Deal: None
Status of Next Upgrade Version
I am working on Pinochle 4.0. Unfortunately, it is going S L O W L Y, thanks to other obligations I have. The Pinochle 4.0 upgrade will be free to registered users of earlier versions. A preliminary Beta version 1 is now available at my download area.
Subject to revision, improvements in version 4.0 are expected to include:
- Multiple players on the Internet (or other TCP/IP networks)
- New dealing, playing, and scoring options
- Faster play and improved graphics on many systems
- Choices for difficulty levels and computer player "personality" characteristics
- Additional streamlining of the user interface (e.g., keyboard play)
Note that Version 4.0 will require Windows 95/98/NT. Users of Windows 3.1 will be able to use the existing version 3.6.
All upgrade files are available first on this WWW site. Notices will be sent to registered users whenever an upgrade is available. All upgrades are available for free to registered users of any prior version of Double-Deck Pinochle. I welcome your suggestions for upgrades: email me.
Back to Top
Links to Other WWW Sites
Note that these links are for convenience of my visitors. I do not specifically endorse any of the services or products here; I'm merely aware of their presence on the web.
- Rules and links for many different card games (real as well as computerized)
- Many pinochle links: Players, Programs, Rules, etc. "Pinochle is for Fun!"
- Card Sharks, Inc.: Pinochle Newletter, Clubs, Tournaments, and More
- Pinochle for the Macintosh (not written by me)
- Ziff-Davis Shareware Archives, selected by editors of PC Magazine, etc.
Back to Top
Copyright © 1996 - 1998 by Christopher Chapman. All rights reserved.
Information in this document is subject to change and revision without notice.
Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. Other products and companies referred to herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holders.
Background image is freely available from The Clip Art Connection
Other graphics are screen shots from Double-Deck Pinochle 3.6, taken with HyperSnap, or are part of the Microsoft FrontPage clip art collection.
You may contact the author at email@example.com
More than 50,000 people have visited the Double-Deck Pinochle page. Try Pinochle today!