St. Martins in the Bullring
The most ancient of Birmingham's churches, St. Martin's has been the focal point of the markets area since the 12th century. Inside is the oldest monument in the city, a 1325 effigy of the Lord of the Manor Sir William de Bermingham. The present building, with a stained glass window by Burne-Jones, dates from 1875. Home to the world's first change ringing peal of 16 bells. Grade II listed building. St. Martin s has undergone a major refurbishment over the past five years.
St. Martin in the Bull Ring
The Bull Ring,
Birmingham B5 5BB.
Tel: 0121 600 6020
Contact: The Parish Officer
- All year round.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 9.00am - 6.00pm.
- Sun.: worship, 9.30am, 11.00am and 6.00pm (traditional Anglican Service)
- Tues.: Healing Service, 12.30pm.
- Thurs.: Mid-week Communion, 12.30pm.
- Sat.: Shoppers’ Service, 2.00pm.
- Arts, Cafe
- Centre for Health and Healing
- Learning and Advice Service
- Guided tours by arrangement.
- Festive walkrounds.
- Education programme by arrangement.
- Children's activities.
- Open days.
- Private hire.
- How to get there:
- Train: Moor Street Station or New Street Station.
- Bus: all buses into city using the A34 Stratford Road or A45 Coventry Road.
- Car/Coach the church is on the A34 just before it joins the inner ring road.
Find St. Martin on multimap.com
- Cars:Bull Ring area car parks.
- Coaches:set down only. City centre pay-and-display.
- Average length of visit:
- guided tours last 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Other heritage attractions nearby: