Development >> Developers Corner

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
Statesman

Reged: 01/22/04
I5
      #3707287 - 09/16/05 05:15 PM

First, a big thank you to everyone who played on the Training Room server and helped I5 to be one of our best launches ever! We’re extremely happy about how I5 went live.

Second, we’re still scouring the boards for bugs and other issues, but we’ve finished making large changes to the power sets. We’ll still be looking at issues as the arise. For instance, there are issues with Defense builds; we’re going to look at that problem more carefully (the Damage Resistance Inspirations are a step, but there's a little more to come).

Thanks for all your great feedback!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gSOLO
Renowned

Reged: 06/23/04
Loc: Lexington, KY
Re: I5 [Re: Statesman]
      #3707300 - 09/16/05 05:17 PM

Overall enjoying this issue, looking forward to what the future brings. I agree that this was one of the smoothest release I've seen. Sound loop bug gets me every other night tho. Hope to see a fix for that soon.

As an Ice tank, I'm glad to see that you're still looking at Defense.

Keep up the good work.

--------------------
Soleau Ice / Icy / Mu
Wind Ice / Cold / Mu
Core Ice / Fire / Arctic
Eclipse Fire / Ice / Cold
Flare Ice / Fiery / Lev
Phantom Rose Ill / Kin / Psi
------------
Solo Space

Solos
Legend

Reged: 04/20/04
Loc: UK
      #3707303 - 09/16/05 05:18 PM

I for one like the i5 changes. Thanks for putting badges on all the TFs.

BillZBubba
Forum Cartel~Tech Devil

Reged: 02/12/05
Loc: On leave.
      #3707314 - 09/16/05 05:20 PM

Quote:

First, a big thank you to everyone who played on the Training Room server and helped I5 to be one of our best launches ever! We’re extremely happy about how I5 went live.

Second, we’re still scouring the boards for bugs and other issues, but we’ve finished making large changes to the power sets. We’ll still be looking at issues as the arise. For instance, there are issues with Defense builds; we’re going to look at that problem more carefully (the Damage Resistance Inspirations are a step, but there's a little more to come).

Thanks for all your great feedback!

There's more to come for defense sets??!!?!?

I've got my crow, my hat and my shoes all ready to cook up and start chowing down on if help materializes for SR, Ice and FFers.

Thanks, Statesman.

--------------------
Moving CoH/V and creating Test Server Install
Last ATI Settings/Issues Guide
XP Performance Guide

Keep your rigs clean. Use ignore often. There is no cure for stupidity. Peace out.

Kayla
Super-Powered

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: The Garden State
      #3707318 - 09/16/05 05:20 PM

Quote:

Second, we’re still scouring the boards for bugs and other issues, but we’ve finished making large changes to the power sets.

Can you clarify this a little States? Done for I5, done period? I understand that as an MMO the game will be constantly changing, but are we gonna see more huge upheavals like we saw this past issue?

--------------------
Kayla's hair smells of wild berries and wheat
-Macron

@Kayla
Winters Fury Ice/Storm Controller
Daydream Ill/Kin Controller
Ms. France DM/SR Scrapper
Ms. Ireland Fire/Rad Controller
Ms. Hungary Elec/Fire Blaster
Kayla Ice/Energy Blaster
Downtown Slammer WP/SS Tank

CounterParadox
Mentor

Reged: 07/09/05
      #3707387 - 09/16/05 05:29 PM

I5 sure is fun. The only legitimate complaints that I still see around are A) Defiance is worthless (most enemies can 1 or 2 shot blasters. If you've got enough aggro to get down to 20% health and you aren't running, you're dying. PERSONALLY, I'd rather have accuracy increase as distance between the target and yourself decreases. Why? Because it's annoying and unrealistic to be 2 feet away from an enemy, roll a miss, and instead of shooting his head off like any actaul blaster would, you decide it'd be nice if the warehouse had a skylight and so you fire WAY OFF ABOVE his head. Defiance would be much better suited to a Tank or Scrapper (both in execution and in archtype theme)) B) Kheldians have a lot of bugged powers and issues in general, and C) The aforementioned defense issues.

But on the WHOLE, I really enjoy I5. And I was crying DOOM when I saw the changes coming to my controller. But I really only ended up with a slight shift in gameplay tactics. So basically, all in all, I look FORWARD to future issues.

--------------------
Pinnacle:
Calvin Paradox 50 Ill/Kin Controller - 290 Badges
Counter Paradox 43 Claw/Regen Scrapper
Samantha Paradox 32 Kat/SR
Ninjer Monkey 50 Nin/DM MM

Resident Rookie/Freshman of Carl and Sons and The Establishment

Snorii
Legend

Reged: 04/08/04
Loc: Taking Candy
      #3707407 - 09/16/05 05:32 PM

Quote:

For instance, there are issues with Defense builds; we’re going to look at that problem more carefully (the Damage Resistance Inspirations are a step, but there's a little more to come).

As an Ice Tank, thanks for looking more carefully.

--------------------
The Dark Blade
"I've felt your mouse on me before, you perv...." - Troy Hickman
Paragon Wiki

Creole_Ned
The List Guy

Reged: 07/17/04
Re: I5 [Re: Kayla]
      #3707419 - 09/16/05 05:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Second, we’re still scouring the boards for bugs and other issues, but we’ve finished making large changes to the power sets.

Can you clarify this a little States? Done for I5, done period? I understand that as an MMO the game will be constantly changing, but are we gonna see more huge upheavals like we saw this past issue?

I *think* what he's saying is that Issue 5 should be the only time they make a huge set of power changes that affect all archetypes. From here out they should only have to tweak individual powers or AT's. The global changes are done.

Or maybe I'm just projecting, filled with naive hope.

Anyway, it's nice to know issues are still being looked into and not getting pushed aside.

--------------------
When the Winter Lord footstomps you, it's out of love, not hate. He loves to footstomp you.

The_Chad
Forum Cartel

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Happy to emo in 7 seconds
      #3707460 - 09/16/05 05:40 PM

Defiance does still need to be looked at. It still kicks in way to late to be any help, You have to be 1-2 hits away from death to see any improvement. I was playing last night, I had 160+ hp max, and was down to 50 before I saw any type of damage boost.

And an accuracy boost on it, would be nice. What good is the extra damage, if you can't hit anything.

--------------------
dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH dun dun da da da DA DA DA DAH DAH!!

Catwhoorg
Cuppa Incarnate

Reged: 11/02/04
Loc: Kennesaw, GA
      #3707477 - 09/16/05 05:42 PM

Good:
Enhancing the team - I see why the global defence changes were necessary, and have made the game more fun for me. I have even adjusted to click IH (still dont like it that much but I have adjusted).

Croatoa is the new benchmark for a fun zone. Beats Striga by about half a length.

New powersets - great addition, I think sonic is a little overpowered as it stands but still new is good.

The idea of CT and dev response threads - was also great.

The Bad:
The execution of the CT/Dev response threads could have been better. A once a week (or couple fo weeks) sweep by a redname saying, 'comments read to this point' and reset the clock would have been great. Why ? - beacuse in testing our opinions can change over time.

Looping Sound Bug - nuff said. I see it is being worked on and hopefully it will be fixed.

Buggy Croatoa TF - this should have been fixed on test. No-one shoudl have to break up and restart a TF to make sure they get the right reward.

The handling ovver the datamining for TF badges initially. When we were told the time estimates mosts sensible people accepeted it. The lesson is give Cuppa the information necessary to do her job right. A lot of bad feelings came from the first announcement, no matter that they changed later.
Seriously most of us are adults, and can take news better when the reasons are explained. (Its too much work sounds like a brush off, the datamining background that Positron showed that it wasn't)

Sonic Graphics - yes I am one of those affected by pretty severe headaches due to these. I knwo they were toned donw once, and a further fix is coming. This was again something raised early on Test, that probably should have been resolved prior to live, not fixed afterwards.

Put your feet up for a few days, sip a cold beverage, and come to the AASQ fight night next weekend

--------------------
ParagonWiki for all your answers

Quest for each Buff/Debuff set to 50
Emp/Elec - 50
Kin/Dark - 50
Rad/Rad - 50
Son/Son - 22
TA/A - 25
Dark/Dark - 9
Ice/Storm - 29
Ice/FF - 14
Cold/Psi - I12
Plant/Thermal - I12

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Quick Reply:
Options:

Preview Reply

Extra information
7 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Ex Libris, SuperModerator, Niviene, Koschej, CoH Moderator, Lighthouse 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You can reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 27748

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us City of Heroes