Visitor Attractions and RecreationFestivals and EventsLodging and AccomodationsFast Food and DiningHome

Check Email
Photo Gallery
Economic Dev
Request Form
Kids

Historical:
Golden Spike
Marble Park
Tabernacle
Train Depot

Cities:
Bear River
Beaver Dam
Blue Creek
Bothwell
Brigham City
Collinston
Corinne
Deweyville
Elwood
Fielding
Garland
Grouse Creek
Harper Ward
Honeyville
Howell
Mantua
Park Valley
Penrose
Perry City
Plymouth
Portage
Promontory
Riverside
Snowville
Standrod
Thatcher
Tremonton
Willard
Yost
Brigham City Tabernacle
The Box Elder Tabernacle is located on what was previously known as "Sagebrush Hill." this site was designated by Brigham Young during a visit to the area. The cornerstones were laid by President Young and Territorial Surveyor Jesse W. Fox.Construction began in 1868 and was completed and dedicated in October
1890. The bulding was gutted by fire on February 9, 1896 and was quickly rebuilt and rededicated on March 21, 1897. The Church closed the Tabernacle down in 1986-87 for major restoration. The building was reopened and rededicated in April 1987. It is still used for LDS conferences, concerts and other meetings. In 1971, it was listed on the National Register of Historical Places, one of the first buildings in Utah to be so honored. The Box Elder Tabernacle is located at 251 South Main. Guided tours of the building are offered free of charge during the summer months.