Founded for Public protection and Professional guidance
The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA or the Council) is a statutory body, established in terms of the Health Professions Act No. 56 of 1974. The Council, together with the twelve Professional Boards that operate under its jurisdiction, is committed to :
- Promoting the health of South Africa’s population,
- Determining standards of professional education and training, and
- Setting and maintaining fair standards of professional practice.
An entirely autonomous organisation, HPCSA does not receive grants or subsidies from government or any other source, and is funded entirely by the health care professions it represents. Click here for a list of the health care practitioners that fall under our jurisdiction.
Each of the professions registered with Council is further represented by one of twelve professional boards, the boards and Council being interactive entities
For Registration Forms, please click here.
To contact us, please click here.
Good health is your right
All people have the right to good health and quality health care. The first step to ensuring that you receive the quality of health care services to which you are entitled, is knowing what your rights are. Please Click here for full details.
Cash payments only reflect after 24hrs on our system and we DO NOT accept cash on our premises but will accept debit/credit cards
Practitioners must please note that the CPD rules were amended on the 13 July 2007 and the effect of this amendment is that a practitioner must accumulate at least 30 continuing education units, of which at least five must be on human rights, ethics and medical law, within every year.
For information to lodge a complaint and receive feedback on new complaints lodged, please click here
- For information on how to lodge a complaint/feedback regarding existing complaints referred to the ombudsman, please click here
- For detailed information on the restoration of names to the register please click here. Find the restoration form here.
VacanciesPress StatementsUpcoming InquiriesNewsletters