- The Shipley School has 107 full- and part-time faculty and professional staff members, almost 60 percent of whom hold graduate degrees, including six doctoral degrees.
- Our student-teacher ratio is 8-1, with an average class size of 15 in the Upper School and 16 in the Lower and Middle Schools. Each of the Lower School grades has at least one teaching assistant.
- Shipley faculty members are constantly enriching their knowledge base and skills. Six are currently enrolled in graduate degree programs; others attend workshops, participate in conferences, and take courses in special studies here and abroad. Our faculty members are often asked to give presentations at other schools and outside events.
- In addition to annual awards given by Shipley for teaching excellence, Agnes & Sophie Dallas Irwin awards have been given to nine of our outstanding teachers in the past four years.
- Our Director of College Counseling participated in the US News and World Report�s high school panel on current trends and issues.
- Our Upper School Science Department Head has served on a committee convened by the Bioethics Center at the University of Pennsylvania, which produced a book, Who Owns Life?
- One of our Upper School mathematics teachers serves on the Mathematics Advisory Committee for the State of Pennsylvania.
- One of our Middle School music teachers served as a clinician for handbell workshops.
- One of our Middle School art teachers has been recognized by the Woodmere Art Museum in Chestnut Hill as an artist and volunteer.
Who We Are
About Shipley Faculty
Copyright � 2008 The Shipley School, www.shipleyschool.org