- Join CSI as an associate member to receive the newsletter
Center for Inquiry
: About CSI
The Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
An International Organization
Paul Kurtz, Chairman; professor emeritus of philosophy, State
University of New York at Buffalo
- Barry Karr, Executive Director
- Joe Nickell, Senior Research Fellow
- Massimo Polidoro, Research
- Richard Wiseman, Research Fellow
- Lee Nisbet, Special Projects Director
- James E. Alcock,* psychologist, York Univ., Toronto
- Jerry Andrus, magician and inventor, Albany, Oregon
- Marcia Angell, M.D., former editor-in-chief, New England Journal
Stephen Barrett, M.D., psychiatrist, author, consumer advocate,
- Barry Beyerstein,* biopsychologist, Simon Fraser Univ., Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Irving Biederman, psychologist, Univ. of Southern California
- Susan Blackmore, psychologist, Univ. of the West of England, Bristol
- Henri Broch, physicist,
Univ. of Nice, France
- Jan Harold Brunvand, folklorist, professor of English, Univ. of Utah
- Mario Bunge, philosopher, McGill University
- John R. Cole, anthropologist, Dept of Anthropology,
UMass-Amherst; Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, UMass
- Frederick Crews, literary and cultural critic, professor emeritus of
English, Univ. of California, Berkeley
Richard Dawkins, zoologist, Oxford Univ.
- Cornelis de Jager, professor of astrophysics, Univ. of Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Kenneth Feder, professor of anthropology, Central Connecticut State Univ.
- Antony Flew, philosopher, Reading Univ., U.K.
Andrew Fraknoi, astronomer, Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, Calif.
- Kendrick Frazier,* science writer, Editor, Skeptical Inquirer
- Yves Galifret, Exec. Secretary, l'Union Rationaliste
- Martin Gardner,* author, critic
- Murray Gell-Mann, professor of physics, Santa Fe Institute
- Thomas Gilovich, psychologist, Cornell Univ.
- Henry Gordon, magician, columnist, Toronto
- Saul Green, PhD, biochemist, president of ZOL Consultants, New York, NY
- Susan Haack, Cooper Senior Scholar in Arts and Sciences, prof. of
philosophy, University of Miami
- C. E. M. Hansel, psychologist, Univ. of Wales
- Douglas Hofstadter, professor of human understanding and cognitive science, Indiana Univ.
- Gerald Holton, Mallinckrodt Professor of Physics and Professor of History of Science, Harvard Univ.
- Ray Hyman,* psychologist, Univ. of Oregon
- Leon Jaroff, sciences editor, Time
- Sergei Kapitza, editor, Russian edition, Scientific American
- Edwin C. Krupp, astronomer, director, Griffith Observatory
Paul Kurtz,* chairman, CSICOP
- Lawrence Kusche, science writer
- Leon Lederman, emeritus director, Fermilab; Nobel laureate in physics
- Scott Lilienfeld, psychologist, Emory Univ.
- Lin Zixin, former editor, Science and Technology Daily (China)
- Jere Lipps, Museum of Paleontology, Univ. of California, Berkeley
- Elizabeth Loftus, professor of psychology, Univ. of Washington
- Paul MacCready, scientist/engineer, AeroVironment, Inc., Monrovia, Calif.
- Sir John Maddox, editor emeritus of Nature
- David Marks, psychologist, Middlesex Polytech, England
- Mario Mendez-Acosta, journalist and science writer, Mexico City, Mexico
- Marvin Minsky, professor of Media Arts and Sciences, M.I.T.
- David Morrison, space scientist, NASA Ames Research Center
- Richard A. Muller, professor of physics, Univ. of Calif., Berkeley
- Joe Nickell,* senior researh fellow, CSI
- Lee Nisbet,* philosopher, Medaille College
- Bill Nye, science educator and television host, Nye Labs
- James E. Oberg, science writer
- Irmgard Oepen, professor of medicine (retired), Marburg, Germany
- Loren Pankratz, psychologist, Oregon Health Sciences Univ.
John Paulos, mathematician, Temple Univ.
- Steven Pinker, cognitive scientist, MIT
Massimo Polidoro, science writer, author, executive director CICAP, Italy
- Milton Rosenberg, psychologist, Univ. of Chicago
- Wallace Sampson, M.D., clinical professor of medicine, Stanford Univ.
- Armadeo Sarma, engineer, head of dept. at T-Nova Deutsche Telekom,
executive director, GWUP, Germany
- Evry Schatzman, President, French Physics Association
- Eugenie Scott, physical anthropologist, executive director, National Center for Science Education
Robert Sheaffer, science writer
- Elie A Shneour, biochemist, author, director, Biosystems Research
Institute, La Jolla, Calif.
- Dick Smith, film producer, publisher, Terrey Hills, N.S.W., Australia
- Robert Steiner, magician, author, El Cerrito, Calif.
- Jill Cornell Tarter, SETI Institute
- Carol Tavris, psychologist and author, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Dave Thomas, President of New Mexicans for Science and Reason
- Stephen Toulmin, professor of philosophy, University of Southern California
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and director, Hayden Planetarium,
New York City
- Marilyn vos Savant, Parade magazine contributing editor and
CBS News correspondent
- Steven Weinberg, professor of physics and astronomy, University of Texas at Austin.
- Richard Wiseman, psychologist, University of Hertfordshire
- Marvin Zelen, statistician, Harvard Univ.
* Member, CSI Executive Council
(Affiliations given for identification only.)
- Isaac Asimov, science writer
- Robert A. Baker, psychologist, Univ. of Kentucky
- Vern Bullough, Distinguished Professor, State Univ. of New York
- Milbourne Christopher
- Francis Crick
- Stephen J. Gould, paleontologist
- Al Hibbs, scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Philip J. Klass,aerospace writer, engineer
- H. Narasimhaiah, physicist, president, Bangalore Science Forum, India
- Dorothy Nelkin, sociologist New York Univ.
- James Randi, magician, the James Randi Educational Foundation
- Carl Sagan, astronomer, science writer
- Eugenie Scott, Director, National Center for Science Education
- Glenn Seaborg
- Marcello Truzzi
You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating
-- Ronald Reagan