Xbox Originals – More Information
Xbox Original games are carefully selected based on fan feedback and the quality of the play experience on the Xbox 360. All Xbox Original games have been thoroughly tested to offer a great gameplay experience when played on your Xbox 360. However, there are some differences in their behavior due to their being designed for the original Xbox. If you’ve played disc-based games for the original Xbox on your Xbox 360 using the backwards compatibility feature, you’ll find that Xbox Originals behave in the same manner.
- If an Xbox Original game features additional content, such as demos or game trailers, those items aren’t supported when playing that game on the Xbox 360. Selecting one of these items will cause your Xbox 360 to stop responding and require you to restart your console.
- The white and black buttons on the original Xbox controller now map to the Left Bumper and Right Bumper, respectively. See the controller maps available for each game on Xbox.com for specific controller functions for each game.
- To exit an Xbox Original game, press the Xbox 360 Guide button, then press the Y button to exit to the dashboard, or press the A button to shut down your console.
- Xbox Original titles that are designed for 4:3 (non-widescreen) displays will show black boxes on either side of the screen when played at 720p or higher resolution, in order to avoid distorting the original game images.
- You can’t purchase premium content (such as add-on maps) for Xbox Original games using Microsoft Points. To purchase content for Xbox Original titles, you’ll need a credit card on file for the Xbox LIVE account you’re using in order to make the purchase.
- Publisher logos at the start of a game can be choppy on first play.
Xbox LIVE Experience:
- Xbox Original games don’t feature Achievements or Gamerscore. The original Xbox didn’t support Achievements, and these games are designed to run just as they did on the original console.
- Some Xbox Original games don’t support Xbox LIVE multiplayer gameplay. Check the game’s page on Xbox.com for information on local and LIVE multiplayer features.
- Xbox LIVE notifications (such as notifications that friends have logged on) won’t appear while playing an Xbox Original game.
- You’ll be automatically logged out of Xbox LIVE when you launch an Xbox Originals game. If the game supports Xbox Live, you can re-connect by logging back in via the game.
Information on Specific Titles:
- BLACK: There are some minor lighting issues with non-player characters.
- Burnout 3: Takedown: Very minor performance drops in multiplayer mode.
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge: There is some minor flickering at the top of the screen that happens very rarely. The “Press A to Continue” message is missing when the host player leaves a multiplayer game.
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey: Player can get caught in geometry after loading level 8. Blurry lines may appear at VGA resolution 848X480
- Fable: There are some random bursts of audio static and some minor texture issues and a short hang up when removing tattoos.
- Fuzion Frenzy: There are some minor frame rate issues.
- Guilty Gear X2 Reload: Minor graphical corruption, artifacting on player avatars.
- Halo: There are some very mild frame rate drops.
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning: Minor graphical corruption when using lightning breath.
- Ninja Gaiden Black: No audio is heard during the display of the publisher logo. There is a minor performance drop during the Alma cutscene. Original Ninja Gaiden Arcade game does not run and is not supported.
- Sid Meier's Pirates!: There is minor stuttering during the introductory video, and there is some texture tearing and instances of textures disappearing in the game.
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse: Minor audio stuttering during final credits. Minor performance drops during co-operative play. No video for Pal-60. Title must be played on Pal-50.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: Light sources can sometimes be seen through textures and player avatar (Minor).