First Time Set Up of the SA8300 HD PVR Digital Box
Your Digital Box is capable of displaying High Definition programming in many different picture formats. This allows you to choose the correct mode for your particular High Definition Television make and model. Before you begin using your new High Definition Digital Box, you will need to run the HDTV Setup Wizard.
How to run the HDTV Setup Wizard
- Ensure that you have correctly connected your Digital Box to your Television using the Fold-out Easy Install Guide provided within your Rogers Personal TV Welcome Kit.
- Make sure that your Digital Box is plugged in but powered OFF (using the button on the front panel of your Digital Box) and that your Television is powered ON.
- With your Digital Box powered OFF, press the Guide button and Info button on the front of your Digital Box at the same time. The HDTV Setup Wizard appears.
- Press the (A) button to begin.
- Select Easy or Advanced setup. Select Advanced only if you are familiar with the HD resolutions available on your TV, or if Easy setup has not worked correctly during previous setup attempts.
If you selected Advanced Setup, skip to step 8. If you selected Easy Setup, continue with step 6, below:
- To continue your Easy Setup, select the type of television screen you have: Choose (A) for a standard 4:3 television, and (B) for a 16:9 TV.
- Congratulations! Your setup us complete. Press the (POWER) button to watch TV.
- To continue your Advanced Setup, select the type of television screen you have: Choose (A) for a standard 4:3 television, and (B) for a 16:9 TV.
- Now you will need to select the resolutions that are compatible with your HDTV. Press (A) to begin displaying the various resolutions. When a resolution is displayed that you can see and want to keep, press the (SEL) button on your remote.
- Once you have selected the resolutions that are compatible with your HDTV, your setup us complete. Press the (POWER) button to watch TV.
Tip: After you complete this setup, you can use the (#) button on your
remote control to stretch or zoom the picture as desired.
Back to previous page