Metal Gear Solid 4 hits 1m sales in first week
Neil Long Jun 24 2008, 11:00am
Konami confirms storming European performance for Kojima-developed PS3 exclusive
Konami has announced that MGS: Guns Of The Patriots has sold a million copies in Europe since its release on June 12th – and that it has shipped many more SKUs to its retail partners.
The firm also confirmed that 25,000 copies of the the Limited Edition were made available across Europe, but “were snapped up almost immediately.”
“The Metal Gear Solid series has again proved its huge potential, and we are delighted with the fantastic response the game has enjoyed at retail,” said sales and marketing director Germany Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH Martin Schneider.
“MGS4 is nothing short of a masterpiece – an epic conclusion to the Solid Snake story. We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback we have received from retail and consumers alike, and will keep satisfying their needs with updates to the game’s ‘Extra’ option, and via new content to Metal Gear Online.”
- Violent games encourage knife crime, says Boris Johnson
- 360 cruises past 5 million in Europe
- UK online retailers caught selling violent games to minors
- GAME, Woolworths busted selling violent games to underage girl
- Gosen: Microsoft’s E3 will be ‘game changing’