podPress is the ultimate WordPress plugin for Podcasters.
- If you're a Podcaster and using WordPress, you need to install this plugin.
- If you're a Podcaster that's not using WordPress, you may want to switch just for the fun of using PodPress.
What is it?
A dream plugin for Podcasters using WordPress. This plugin makes WordPress extremely Podcaster friendly and includes the following features.
- Full featured and automatic feed generation (RSS2, iTunes and ATOM and BitTorrent RSS)*
- Preview of what your Podcast will look like on iTunes*
- Podcast Download stats*
- Support for Premium Content (Pay Only)*
- Makes adding a Podcast to a Post very simple*
- View MP3 Files ID3 tags when you're Posting*
- Control over where the player will display within your post and what it will look like.*
- Support for various formats, including Video Podcasting*
- Supports unlimited number of media files.*
- Automatic Media player for MP3, MP4, MOV, FLV, ASF, WMV, AVI, and more, with inline and Popup Window support.*
- Preview image for videos*
- Support for seperate Category podcasts*
Please suggest FeatureRequests that would make Podpress even better.
- Feature Requests (pulled from the forum thread)
- Video Tutorial - Created for PodPress 4.1
- Demo/Dev Installs (demo/demo)
- PodPress Button -
- Join those who have donated
If you have ever installed a pluggin, then this will be pretty easy.
- Extract the files. podpress directory into
- If you're using WordPress 1.5, then you will need to use the replacement wp-rss2.php file that is provided. Look in the podpress/WP1.5_users/ directory
- Login to the Site Admin and go to Plugins and active podPress
- Then it can be configured from the Options menu. The config should be pretty straight forward, and it even has a preview of what your podcast would look like on iTunes.
|Configure your Feed for Podcasting and preview what it will look like in iTunes||Then add your mp3 filename or full URL to your post and podPress will add the enclosure tags to your RSS2 feed and show the player in the post|
WordPress is a fantastic Blogging platform and while it does have some Podcasting support, its just all that a Podcaster could want.
I searched around and found iPodCatter which is is a good start, for getting the iTunes support, but its just not a fully featured Podcasters pluggin.
I then found a VERY nice Flash mp3 player that I really liked.
With these two pluggins a a basis for me to learn how to write a pluggin for WordPress and for the core functionality I wanted, I created PodPress which is intended to be a full blown Podcasters Plugin for WordPress.
Get it, WordPress, PodPress? Heh, I crack myself up.
- Martin Laine for the wonderful Flash Player that is included as the MP3 Flash player in podPress.
- Garrick Van Buren for the WP-iPodCatter plugin which was an inspiration that helped me get going with podPress