doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> Transcript of St. Andrew's Parish Church, Normanby, NRY, Parish Registers

SEARCHES FAMILY TREES MAILING LISTS MESSAGE BOARDS



  Home
 

Transcript of St. Andrew's Parish Church, Normanby, NRY, Parish Registers
Index



Made available by Denis


Baptisms

Baptisms 1699 - 1774 - ID1-234
Baptisms 1775 - 1812 - ID235-426
Baptisms - Alphabetical Index

Marriages

Marriages 1699-1750 - ID1-151
Marriages 1751-1800 - ID152-346
Marriages 1801-1837 - ID347-584
Marriages - Alphabetical Index

Burials

Burials 1700 - 1812
Burials - Alphabetical Index

Please note that the baptisms and burials end at the start of 1812, whereas the marriages continue through to 1837

Hint: check the alphabetical index first if your are looking for someone specific
but note that the page for 1706-7 Baptisms was damaged and first names were difficult or impossible to read

NOTES TO THE PARISH REGISTERS - [including names of local worthies]

In the Baptism Register, 1, May, 1745

By vertue of a Mandate from the Worshipful Dr. James(?) Sterne the Revd. Mr. Tho. Langstaff was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by me Phil. Bainebridge, Vr. of Edstone.

Witnesses Henry Bird Curate of Kirkbymoorside

Thomas Calvert Curate of Hovingham

William Barnard

John Sparling Churchwarden


In the Burial Register, 3, January, 1741

A Terrier of the Houses, etc, Garden, Glebe and Tithes both Great and Small, offering, Mortuaries, Surplice Dress belonging to the Rectory of Normanby subscribed and attested.

[A Terrier is a listing of assets or buildings etc - usually used for audit or valuation purposes]


In the Burial Register, 22, April, 1756

A True and an exact Copy of the Terrier of the Rectory of Normanby drawn up and Delivered in to Arch Bishop of Yorke Court June 5th 1749.

The Rectory consists of a Store House and Barn and a Room for fewel adjoyning to the Barn all covered with Thatch, The House contains a Parlor, Kitchin, Staircase, Back Kitchin, and Milk House. Before the House is a Garden and behind it is a little Orchard and a Close containing about two Acres and except the Church Yard this is all the Glebe belonging to the Rectory. The whole Lordship is inclosed and Tyth in Kind, Offerings and all other Ecclestastical dues are due from every farm except Rubarugh which pays a Modus of four pounds a year by two equal payments at Lady-day and St. Michaels

Ralph Greystock and Tho. Langstaff, Rector
James Sparling
James Stockton
Ricd. Gorwood, Church Warden
Franas Huddlestone
Principal Inhabitants


In the Burial Register, 27, August, 1762

By vertue of a Mandate from the Worshipful Franas Blackburne, M.A., the Rev'd Mr. Richd Brown was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by Wm. Comber, Vicar of Kirkbymoorside

In the presence of Thomas Huddlestone, Churchwarden.


In the Burial Register, 8, February, 1814

By vertue of a Mandate from the Right Worshipful Charles Baillie, Clerk, Master of Arts, Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry of Cleveland, The Revd Arthur Cayley, A.B. was inducted into the Rectory of Normanby by Christr. Dowker, A.M. Vicar of Salton

Witnesses: Thomas Huddlestone Snr Ch.Warden of Normanby
Richard Hartas
John Merry
John Bailey
William Wilson
Robt. Bean


In the Burial Register, 12, February, 1894

The Rev. James Hill who succeeded the Rev. Arthur Cayley died 2nd, December, 1893, aged 73, after being Rector for 45 years.

His Grace William Dalrymple, Lord Archbishop of York instituted in person in the Parish Church the Rev. Reginald James Hill, M.A., Vicar of Salton to the Rectory of Normanby on 12th February 1894.

By virtue of his mandate the new Rector was inducted on the same day by the Rev. Canon Hudson, Rector of Gilling and Rural Dean.

Witnesses Thomas Harrison, of Risebro House, Churchwarden
Robert Lesley, Arthur Hill, Wm. Seaby


On the last page of the First Baptism Register are entered

20, June 1748

Mr. Robinson sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to Anne Staves, Cordukes of Malton, Tho. Renny, Robt. Watson


1, May, 1749

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to Ralph Greystock, Matt. Dring, Anne Hewison, Francis Huddlestone


17, April,1750

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to Jane West, Francis Huddlestone, James Hatter, Sus. Staves


6, July, 1751

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to Ralph Greystock, Jo. Cordukes of Malton, Ch. Spencely, Robert Wilson


8th, June, 1752

Tho. Robinson Esq. of Welbourn sent six Bibles by Ralph Greystock to Normanby, given to Tho. Barton, Jane Hatter, Robert Watson, Tho. Hawson, John Gorwood, Matt. Dring


1753

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent four Bibles, given to: Isaac Sparling, John Groves, Robt. Watson, Ch. Spencely


26th, February, 1755

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent six Bibles: Fran. Huddlestone, James Stockton, Jane Hatter, John Gorwood, Robt. Watson, Tho. Hawson


1756

Testaments etc were sent by Tho. Robinson Esq.


29th, December, 1757

Tho. Robinson Esq. sent six Bibles


^ back to top ^

Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records
Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids