Foyer of the Dudley Public School Library
Dudley Public School, corner Ocean and Boundary Streets
151 43 00E / 32 59 21S 9232-3S Wallsend 1:25000 GDA94
The library was made by a joiner and it was built of Queensland Maple. The 3 glass panelled bookcase is located in the foyer of the Dudley Public School Library.
Plaque - Original Opening.
This library was opened by H.L. Wheeler, ESQ.
Installed by the Dudley P&C 24-5-1941.
T.D. Colgan, Headmaster
Plaque - Second Opening.
Sir Roden Cutler, VC, KCMG, KCVO, CBE
Governor of New South Wales
Officially opened the new school buildings and the Jeffries Currey Memorial Library at the Dudley Public School on 1st May 1976.
The Hon. Neil Pickard
BA, Dip Ed, LTH, MLA
Minister for Education
J. Buggie BSC, AGR
Director-General of Education
J. Richard Face MLA
Member for Charlestown
Dedication: 24 May 1941
Photographed and recorded by:
Mr Robert McLardy
Year Recorded: 2005
Conflicts Commemorated: World War 1
Total number of veterans names recorded on this memorial: 2
|Pte||Currey||William Matthew||World War 1||M||VC|
|Capt||Jeffries||Clarence Smith||World War 1||KIA||M||VC|