Vision And Mission
WorkCover NSW is committed to safe, secure workplaces by working in partnership with the NSW community to achieve safer workplaces, effective recovery, return to work, and security for injured workers.
WorkCover NSW administers and enforces compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS), injury management, return to work and workers compensation legislation, and manages the workers compensation system.
- promotes the prevention of work-related injury and diseases, and assists workplaces to become healthier and safer
- promotes the prompt, efficient and effective management of injuries to persons at work
- ensures the efficient operation of workers compensation insurance arrangements
- ensures the appropriate coordination of arrangements for the administration of the schemes to which the workers compensation legislation and the OHS legislation relates.
WorkCover NSW's main statutory function is to administer the following legislation:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000
- Explosives Act 2003
- Workers Compensation Act 1987
- Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998
- Workers Compensation (Bush Fire, Emergency and Rescue Services) Act 1987
- Workers Compensation (Dust Diseases) Act 1942
- Sporting Injuries Insurance Act 1978
- Rural Workers Accommodation Act 1969
Regulations and codes of practice under these Acts, including:
- OHS Regulation 2001
- Dangerous Goods Regulation 2005
- Explosives Regulation 2005