The Postal Museum
The Postal Museum invites you to come to see its exhibitions:
The Postal Museum|
Nove mlyny 2
110 00 Praha 1
tel.: +420 222 312 006
fax: +420 222 311 930
- a permanent exhibition of postage stamps of the Czech Republic and Czechoslovakia,
classic postage stamps of Europe and the U.S.A.
- specialized exhibitions of stamp creation – stamps of the Prague Castle, the Russian
gubernian parliaments, classic Austrian postage stamps and others
- occassional exhibitions
- a library and study room of philatelic and postal history literature
- the original interior of a Prague townhouse from the middle of the 19th century – 4
saloons with wall paintings by Josef Navrátil from 1847
Open daily except Monday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (noon-hour from 12.00 a.m. to 13.00 p.m.); the study room on Tuesday - Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
The Museums Shop offering stamped stationery and commemorative sheets is open on Wednesday - Sunday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Branch Office Vyssi Brod
The Postal Museum – Branch Office|
382 73 Vyssi Brod
tel.: +420 380 746 679
fax: +420 380 746 243
- the historical building of a former Cistercian abbey
- a permanent exhibitions of the postal history in the Czech lands since 1526 until today
- an exhibition of the 19th-century coach technique
- a selection of postal stationery on sale
April - October except Monday 9 – 12 a. m., 13 - 17 p. m.
November – March - by mutual consent.