Power Design Details from ACK Software Controls and Amiga
Power level product ready for Customers Winter 2007
Issaquah, Wash and Fonthill, ON Canada – May 7, 2007 – ACK Software Controls, Inc. and Amiga, Inc. are pleased to announce the specifications for the new Power System.
“While targeting the needs of today, we wanted to challenge ourselves to design for the future as well.”, said Adam Kowalczyk President of ACK Software Controls, Inc.
This new system will be offered at a suggested retail price of $1498.00 and be a complete offering excluding monitor in a finished design that will provide customers with everything they need to get started.
Power Design Specifications PowerPC board:
- Based on the P.A. Semi PWRficient PA6T-1682M dual core 64 bit CPUs clocked at 2GHz.
- RoHS compliant ATX form factor.
- Four (4) DDR2 DIMM slots.
- One (1) PCI Express x16 slot for high performance graphics cards.
- One (1) PCI Express x2 slot for high performance I/O cards.
- One (1) PCI Express x1 slot for standard I/O cards.
- One (1) PCI 32 bit slot for legacy cards.
- Six (6) USB 2.0 ports.
- Two (2) Gb Ethernet ports.
- Two (2) UART ports for serial connectivity and debug.
- One 8Mb Flash EEPROM containing U-Boot firmware.
- Four (4) SATA II ports based on the Silicon Image SiI3132 (x2) .
“This new design offers the Amiga user a new choice in hardware. Amiga believes that this new system will address the needs of the Amiga user today and into the near future.”, said Bill McEwen of Amiga, Inc.
Amiga, Inc., founded in 1983, is a computer software company, building on their legacy by leading the way in multimedia development and providing developers with hardware-independent technologies for writing and porting applications to new platforms and interactive devices. For almost two decades its award-winning software has been a mainstay for motion picture studios, multimedia creators, and digital entertainment enthusiasts around the world. For more information, visit www.amiga.com.
ACK Software Controls, Inc. specializes in the area of embedded controls design for use in automation systems where low-power consumption and reliability is an absolute must. Concentrating on design for manufacturing with local manufacturing facilities has allowed ACK to quickly and cost-effectively develop solutions for customers with low-volume requirements. By integrating hardware, firmware, and device driver engineering capability in-house, ACK can provide complete turn-key solutions to customers.