The Barrows and Burnham Store in Mansfield Center (built by Charles Weeks, 1886) has been sold to Neenah Shafer and other family members as a joint venture. The family will continue to operate the business as a general store and have plans to renovate the building.
The 18th century red saltbox, just north of Mansfield Supply, was recently purchased by Gregory Chichowski. The Eleazer Slafter house, owned by the University of Connecticut since 1964, had fallen into a sad state of disrepair. Mr. Chichowski plans to dismantle the house and then reconstruct and restore it on his property on Old Turnpike Road in Mansfield Four Corners.