Key features of Ship Simulator 2008
- Dynamic ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
- Long distance travels , open ocean voyages between ports
- Visible damage system
- Thirty new complex and challenging missions
- Extensive day, night, and weather systems
- Three new environments: San Francisco, Southampton/Cowes/Solent, and Marseille
- Sixteen new ships, each with walkthrough functionality and interactive bridge controls
- Controllable container crane missions
- Advanced vector graphic sea chart based on realistic 3D seabed models, with full-screen display option, transparency setting, and level-of-detail on text & depth readings
- Advanced damage system showing dents and holes in the ships after severe collisions
- Free-roam mode where players can choose a ship, an environment, set all weather, day & time parameters and go sailing in their preferred conditions
- Realistic bow splash water, with support from an advanced physics simulation model
- Extensive mapping options for keys and joystick buttons
- Advanced rope system, which allows you to connect and disconnect player ships to other ships or to mooring boulders at will (anchoring is now also possible)
- Addition of icebergs which cause damage when you collide with them
- Mid-mission save function
- A system for sinking ships when damaged below the water line
- Advanced system for scoring and ranking in different ship type classes, linked to your on-line profile on the forum
- Set waypoints yourself in free-roaming mode
- Including a free mission editor to create your own adventures and share them with your fellow players on the forum
New features available in the New Horizons add-on
- Eight new vessels, including a modern harbour tug with advanced azimuth thrusters and a pushboat with 4 different cargo barges.
- Online multiplayer free-roaming action, including towing.
- Brand new sailing area Cornwall (Padstow), built with advanced visuals and bumpmapping technology.
- 20 new missions, involving the new vessels and the new environment.
- Unlimited gameplay: In-game downloading of new missions.
- Option to connect and disconnect barges to the pushboat in-game.
- New walkthrough options: explore the pushboat's highly detailed enginge room.
Watch the new features in action in the Ship Simulator 2008 trailer and video tutorial. Both videos can be downloaded from the Trailers section.
Minimum system requirements
Windows 2000, XP or Vista
Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
1GB (Windows 2000/XP) or 2GB (Vista)
GeForce 5900 or ATI 9600 Pro / X600 (128MB)
Mouse with scroll wheel
Joystick, Joypad or Steering wheel
|The Ship Simulator 2008 boxed version requires a CD-ROM Drive or DVD-Drive!|
|The Ship Simulator 2008 New Horizons boxed version requires a DVD-Drive!|