The THAI™ Process
THAI™ is an evolutionary new configuration for in-situ combustion which combines a horizontal production well with a vertical air injection well placed at the toe.
|Higher Resource Recovery
- Estimated 70-80 percent recovery of oil-in-place.
- Potentially feasible over a broader range of reservoirs including: low pressure, thinner, previously steamed, deeper, removal of gas over bitumen; or top and bottom water.
- Lower capital cost -
only one horizontal well, minimal steam and water processing facilities.
- Lower operating cost - negligible natural gas consumption, minimal steam
generation and minimal water processing.
- Potential for higher netbacks for partially upgraded product and less diluent use.
- Faster project execution time
|Lower Environmental Impact|
- Negligible fresh water use
- 50 percent less greenhouse gas emissions.
- Smaller surface footprint and easier reclamation