NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC is an application that supports TV or DVD programs on a Pocket PC device when connected to Sony Corporation's LocationFree base station via wireless LAN or router. NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC allows you to enjoy TV programs both at home and while you are away from home via the Internet.
In addition to supporting images from external devices such as DVD recorders and video cameras, NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC rev. 2.0.0 also features advanced remote functionality, which allows users to operate external devices through their device screen, including playback, stop, or fast-forward.
NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC (PDF: 152 KB)
- You can watch TV program or HDD/DVD on a PocketPC via the base station
- Advanced remote functionality, allows you to operate external devices through a screen and play-back, stop, or fast-forward
- Auto rate adjust, to get the best picture relative to the communication conditions
* Sony Corporation's LocationFree Base Station LF-B20 is required in order to use this product.
* When connecting for the first time between the Base Station and LocationFree Player for Pocket PC, make sure you can connect to the base station with PC.
||Windows Mobile 5.0 software for Pocket PC,|
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software for Pocket PC
So far we have no plan to support Windows Mobile 6 devices.
||VGA (640x480), QVGA (320 x 240)|
|Install module (cab) 3.8 MB|
Execution module (exe,dll) 3.9 MB
||LF-B20 (Sony Corporation)|
||HP iPAQ hx2410 Pocket PC|
HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC
*This product uses an MPEG4 picture decoder from Techno Mathematical Co., Ltd.
*"MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)", "Learning Remote", etc. supported by LF-B20 are not available.
*Sony Corporation's LocationFree Base Station LF-B20 is required in order to use this product.
*This product does not include NetFront Browser for PocketPC.
Q. How can I get NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC?
A. You can purchase it for download directly from the following software sales sites.
US: Handango (http://www.handango.com/)
US: PocketGear (http://www.pocketgear.com/)
Q. Is a Trial version available?
Q. What is the Base Station?
A. The Base Station connects wirelessly to your home network and can stream live television and other video content, with excellent picture quality, through a home network or across the Internet to remote devices.
NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC lets you enjoy TV or DVD programs on a Pocket PC device by connecting to Sony Corporation's base station via wireless LAN or router.
Q. Do I need a PC to use this software?
A. For an initial setting, yes, you need a PC to connect to a base station.
Q. Is NetFront LocationFree Player for Pocket PC a web browser? Can I access web sites?
A. No. The software is not NetFront browser for PocketPC.
Problem: I cannot install LocationFree Player.
- Does the Pocket PC meet the requirements for installing LocationFree Player? Is there enough free storage space for the install?
Problem: My Pocket PC device cannot make wireless connection to base station.
- Is the base station power turned on?
- Is the Pocket PC wireless LAN power turned on?
- Is the wireless LAN correctly configured?
Problem: I Cannot register my Pocket PC device with the base station.
- Is the wireless LAN correctly connected?
- When connecting to one base station from multiple Pocket PCs, a different serial key is required for each Pocket PC.
Problem: I can connect at home, but I cannot connect to the base station while away from home.
- Did you setup the network connection for when you are away from home?
- Is NetAV configured correctly?
- Are the connected devices such as the base station or router, etc. turned on?
- NetAV cannot be used via a proxy server.
- Have the devices currently being used been deleted from the device registration list on the base station? Check the device registration list on the base station.
- Has the base station been initialized? Initialization deletes the device registration information. Perform setup again from device registration.
- Make sure the Sony DDNS address is set properly when using it outside:
From home: 172.29.71.1
Away from home: BXXXXXXXX.LF-B1JP.MyNetAV.com
You can find this address in the documentation included with the LocationFree package;
Each LocationFree package has a different DDNS address.
- For LF-PK20, set Port number to , (The default is ) .
- For X01HT, whose CPU is not Intel, choose [OFF] on the environment setting screen.
Problem: I don't know the "type" of my remote control to specify it in the settings.
Problem: My device is connected but is not displaying video.
- Make sure the cable is correctly connected. Also check the red, white, yellow, and S terminal wires.
- Non-interlaced signals such as for computer monitors, etc. cannot be displayed.
- Check whether it is connected to the correct input terminal.
- Make sure that all external devices are turned on.
Problem: The on-screen remote is not working.
- Make sure the AV mouse is correctly connected to the AV mouse terminal of the base station.
- Check whether the AV mouse is correctly positioned facing the remote control's infrared receiver.
- Move the remote control's infrared receiver away from any bright light such as a fluorescent light or direct sunlight.
- The on-screen remote may not work correctly when the wireless connection is bad.
- Check whether it can be operated using the buttons on the connected device itself, or reconfigure the remote control settings again.
- Are "Video 1" and "Video 2" of the remote control correctly configured on the Remote Settings screen?
Problem: I don't know if my device is supported.
These devices are not supported:
- UK base station; LF-PK1
- EM-ONE (S01SH)
- Audiovox XV6600 (OS is not supported)
- HP rx1950 (not enough RAM)
- HP hw6700 (display size is not supported)
- HP hw6900 (display size is not supported)
- Palm Treo 700w (display size is not supported)
- Motrola Q (OS is not supported)
- Smartphone (OS is not supported)
- Blackjack (OS is not supported)
- HP iPAQ 2210 (OS is not supported).
There are other non-supported devices besides the ones listed above.