Post Game 6 Links: The World Was SHOCKED!
The Mavericks' season is over, but the Warriors' has just begun. Before we move on let's take a final look back at this series:
Warriors Beat the Mavs 4-2!!
- Game 1: Pre-Game 1 Links | Preview | Recap | Post Game 1 Links
- Game 2: Preview | Recap | Post Game 2 Links
- Game 3: Preview | Recap | Post Game 3 Links
- Game 4: Preview | Recap | Post Game 4 Links
- Game 5: Preview | Recap | Post Game 5 Links
- Game 6: Preview | Recap Prequel | Recap
The Mavs were simply outnumbered 20,677 to 5.
On to the links...
- Warriors 111, Dallas 86: Put this one in a time capsule. Seriously. [Talking Points with Tim Kawakami]
- The Warriors: Moving On, with Authority! [SFist]: Shout out to loyal GSoMer agtarr!
- Warriors moments will be savored for years [Mercury]
- Davis Toughest man on the court [Mercury]
- The Elite 8: Warriors oust favored Dallas [Mercury]
- Beautiful (Warriors 111, Mavs 86) [Fast Break]
- Warriors ratings: another incredible new high [Morning Buzz]
- Warriors Fans Believe It [FanHouse]
- Wasn't That an Amazing Series! [Hoop Junkie]
- Golden State also #1... in LowPost blog rankings [Fan-tastic?]: Thanks for the support!
- Unbelievable / Warriors in West semifinals [SFGate]
- The Spotlight is Burning Dirk Nowitzki [True Hoop]
- Dirk, Warriors playing better than you think [ESPN Insider]
- Golden hour arrives in Oakland [ESPN]
- The 10 greatest upsets in sports history [Fox Sports]: Only #10?
- Mavs might not recover from collapse [Fox Sports]: Warriors might not recover from upset-- and that's a good thing!
- Davis, Nellie, Mullin among Warriors' heroes [Fox Sports]: Cranky Charley's been so disrespectful to the all the Warriors, particularly Baron Davis, for years. How about an apology while you're on the bandwagon Charley?
- BELIEVE IT! [SFGate]
- A Missing Nowitzki [SFGate]
- A Night For the Ages [SFGate]
- Warriors get healthy for next round [SFGate]
- Real Warriors fans whoop it up long after the last basket [SFGate]
- Well... [Mavs Moneyball]
- Losing perspective on Dirk [Yahoo! Sports]
- Anatomy of a historical NBA upset [Yahoo! Sports]
- Davis resurrects career under Nelson and both help Golden State win [AP]
- Agony and ecstasy [Yahoo! Sports]
- Warriors 111, Mavericks 86 [AP]
- Warriors to know and celebrate today [ESPN Page 2] - via Dactyllic: Someone doesn't know the Warriors. JRich didn't win a 3rd straight dunk contest because he tried to do an insanely difficult dunk, rather than beat Freddie Jones with a simple one. Monta's actually plays a combo guard spot. Ask Stephen Jackson if his teammates think he's likeable. Ask Al Harrington if he's not down with Jax. Barnes isn't "very flashy or exciting on the court"? What Warrior games have you been watching? Obviously none. Another well researched piece brought to you by "The World Wide Leader"!
You're right- this wasn't "very flashy OR exciting" (?).
- Do you believe (in risky business)? [ajc.com]
- Warriors Humiliate Mavs 4-2 [NBA SUPERBLOG]
- How was Golden State Only 42-40? [Fan-tastic?]
- Hold Your Breath Again - Mavs-Warriors, game 6 [Fan-tastic?]
- Michelle Bonner Is Confused By The Bible [Awful Announcing]
- An Entire Arena Of Matching Yellow T-Shirts Measures High On The Intimidation Scale [Can't Stop the Bleeding]
- Sadly, this is NOT our next cover [Slam]: But man, it SHOULD be.
- I Bet It Was A Long Game For That Guy [Just Call Me Juice]
- Golden State of Mind Indeed [Just Call Me Juice]
- W.I.N.N.E.R.S. [Slam]
- Warriors Rule, Mavericks Suck [The Association]: Good thing Mavs' fans aren't making silly excuses- oh wait, here's two more ridiculous ones from a serious Warriors Nation hater:
The Mavericks had the unfortunate honor of being matched up in the first round with the one team in the entire league that they can't play with. Even more unfortunate was the fact that Dallas could have knocked the Warriors out of the playoffs by beating them the last week of the season, but instead conceded the game by rolling out a lineup that would have gotten killed in a D-League game. Based on the way the games have gone though, I don't know if Dallas would have had a shot even if they had tried to win.As noted in the last line, the Mavs probably wouldn't have won that game even if they tried, so why even bring this up? Not counting that game in which the Mavs elected to rest their starters the Warriors have beaten up on the Mavs 9 out of 12 times over the past 2 seasons with 4 of those wins in the playoffs where everything mattered.What's most unfortunate though is the fact that the Clippers really should have made the playoffs instead of the Warriors. I mean, had they showed up in the first half of a Sunday afternoon home game against Sacramento, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Warriors fans pointed out that the Clippers lost the last game of the season so Golden State would have been in anyway, but the Clippers only lost because they saw that GSW had clinched the final playoff spot by beating the Blazers. After that the Clips had nothing left to play for.What's most unfortunate is that instead of giving the Warriors props for winning those games down the stretch, people are trying to make the ridiculous claim that the Dubs are only in the playoffs because the Clips weren't hot enough. Say what you want about the Clips losing to the Kings' bench and the Hornets on the last day of the season, but they finished the season 5-5 while the Warriors finished the season 9-1. It's time to just admit that the Warriors are a better team than both the Clippers and Mavericks and just leave it at that. Only losers make excuses- oh wait!
- Warriors-Mavs Observations: The Shrinking MVP; Key Sequence Breakdown; Dirk for KG??? [The Painted Area]
- Cross? Check. Hammer and nails? Check. [Basketbawful]
- For Warrior fans, the celebration is on [Valentine's Views]
- Last laugh [Sun-Sentinel]
- Cats from Chi to NY spit game that came from... [a dog named clipper]
- From Pieces to Weight- Warriors Waste Mavericks [Celtics 17]
- One fine mess Playoffs wide open -- finally! -- after Warriors' upset [SI.com]
- Bloggers Believe It: Warriors upset Mavs [Fan IQ]
- Baron "Willis" Davis [Fan IQ]
- Cuban won't 'blow anything up' [Dallas News]: He might not be blowing up anything, but he sure is throwing up that W now.
- Dirk’s Dissappearing Act Continues, Warriors Complete Upset [Sportable]
- NBA Playoffs: We'd Keep Our Distance From Mavs Fans This Morning [Deadspin]
- Matt Barnes Eviscerates Nowitzki [FanHouse]
- Game 6: Golden State 111, Dallas 86 (GS wins 4-2) [Bob's Blog]:
The worst thing about Golden State bouncing the Mavs is that I am pretty sure Golden State isn’t that good. I am reasonably sure their next opponent will make quick work of them, and who knows what they will do next year. It was just the perfect storm, I guess. It was the coach, the players, the crowd, everything. It isn’t supposed to go this way.Denial ain't just a river in Africa! If it's "the coach, the players, the crowd, everything" then how can anyone say this was fluke for the Warriors?
- WHAMMY and Down Goes Cuban [SimonOnSports]
- Warriors Win Gives Hope To Hawks [Hawks BasketBlog]: Ever since the Hawks' mascot Harry showed up for Thunder's BDay, Warriors Nation got Hawks Nation's back. Much respect.
- Dallas goes down [DC Sports Blog]
- No Miracle: Golden State Warriors Finish off Nowitzki, Mavericks [Bleacher Report]
- Whaddya Gimme For … [Say Hey]
- Who’s Got Next? Rockets Edition [Say Hey]
- Dirk Nowitzki And The Chamber Of Secrets: NBA Blogdome: Whoa, Nellie! [Deadspin]
- Stephen Jesse Jackson laughs last [I *Heart* Celtics.com]
- Friday 05/04 A.M. Quickie:Biggest. NBA Upset. Ever. [Dan Shanoff]
- Cali Agents [Slam]
- Who’s Got Next? Jazz Edition [Say Hey]
- Mavs Embarrassed By Warriors -- Cuban Suffers Worst Loss Ever [Hoops and Other Pop Culture]
- 5/3 NBA Triple Threat [FanIQ Blog]
- Rick Chandler ON LOCATION: The View From Oracle Arena: Proof It Really Happened [Deadspin]
- Dirk Nowitzki is not redeemed [Yaysports! NBA]
- Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis are redeemed [Yaysports! NBA]
- And A Great Noise Shall Lift Them [The Feed]
- We’ve Always Believed. [Say Hey]
- Tim Hardaway Was Dressed For Success [Can't Stop the Bleeding]
- Warriors Look Golden Is Ousting Mavericks From Playoffs [Hoop Addict]
- Anarchy in the G.S.! [Slam]
JR and JR Jr BELIEVE.
- Something Else Altogether [Free Darko]
- Warriors Look Golden Is Ousting Mavericks From Playoffs [Hoops Addict]
- One Highlight Can Completely Explain the Golden State Warriors [FanHouse]
- Ep. 157: The Sun Is Finally Shining… [The Basketball Jones]
- The Biggest Upset in NBA History [With Leather]
- Ballin’: Let sulking Dirk’s lie [The Big Lead]
- Sportadox: Did the Warriors Steal the Series or did the Mavericks Blow it? [Larry Brown Sports]: I guess we did steal Nellie.
- Down Goes Dallas! Down Goes Dallas! Down Goes Dallas! [20 Second Time Out]
- NBA Playoff Impressions: Yay Area. [Signal to Noise]
- Exchanges of the Guards [Sports Filter]
- Only on a Street Corner in New York [The Starting Five]
- C'mon Jake. It's Oakland... [The Commisssion]
- The Basketball Diaries - Warriors: Signed. Sealed. Delivered. [Foul Balls]
- Babblings: The Adrenaline High That Was (and Still Is) Warriors-Mavs [Taking it to the Rack]
- So, Who Do You Want to See? [Hoop Junkie]
- A Thorough Beating [Complete Sports]
- YAAAAY AREAAA... LIKE THAT!!! [You Been Blinded]
- Mavericks booted from the playoffs [az Sports Hub]
- Just the Beginning, Baby! Book your Tix to Phoenix! [100% Injury Rate]
- Victory is OURS! [100% Injury Rate]
- It died young and quickly [100% Injury Rate]
- Golden State/Dallas Game 6 Game Notes [Slam]
And 1. And 1 upset that is
- Das wars dann wohl - Dallas verliert und ist ausgeschieden [HoopNation]: I honestly have no idea what they're saying, but it looks interesting.
- Livin' Just Enough For the City [Leave the Man Alone]
- Mavericks booted from the playoffs [Bright Side of the Sun]
- Warriors Win - Mark Cuban's Head Explodes [Sports Frog]
- We Fudging Believe! [The Big Picture]
- Warriors Come Out To Play, Handle Mavericks; Baseball Also Played [Can't Stop The Bleeding]
- Ultimate Warriors [Dime]
- Golden State - Dallas Game 6 Recap [Stop Mike Lupica]
- Warriors Fans Believe It [FanHouse]
- Golden State-Dallas: The NBA Cares [The Starting Five]
- That 2nd Half Was A Maverick Funeral [End of the Bench]
- Upset City Planet: Holy#$&*%!!!!!!! [NBA Basketball and Other Unrelatedness]
This fool don't want none of this!
- Mark the Calendar: Warriors Pull Off One of the Biggest Upsets in NBA History! [Empty the Bench]
- Nightcap, the Revenge of Don Nelson [The Big Lead]
- Style Advice for the Warriors [D.C. Sports Bog]: What can I say? We got style in the Bay!
- Cool celebrities for hot Warriors [The Chronicle Sports Columnist Blog]
Snoop throws up that W with Tha Dogg Pound 2.0!
- They Did It! [Posting and Toasting]
- Playoff Revelations: Stephen Jackson [FanHouse]
- Baron Davis Is Channeling Willis Reed [FanHouse]
- Warriors Fans Have Excellent Photoshop Skills [Our Book of Scrap]: Why yes we do!
Pam Oliver was interviewing Boom Dizzle after the game...
and then it hit her...
THE WARRIORS SHOCKED THE WORLD!!
Tomorrow Houston and Utah square off to see who gets to play 5 on 20,667. Have fun fellas. We're waiting...
Make this linkfest stronger by dropping any hot links about this series in the comments.
* Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images and AP Photo/Jeff Chiu
0 recs | 4 comments
Comments For This Post Are Closed
Community blog posts and discussion.
- Monta out 3 Months
- Remember this? Antawn Jamison's Back to Back 51's
- Golden State's fun loving beer!
- Warriors Season Schedule
- Steinmetz: More JRich Trade Talk
- A New Era, but First Some Goodbyes
- OPEN THREAD: RMR Game 3: Warriors vs NBDL Ambassadors
- OPEN THREAD: RMR Game 2: Warriors vs Mavericks
- OPEN THREAD: RMR Game 1: Warriors 108, New Jersey 84
- OPEN THREAD: Vegas Game 5 - Warriors vs Raptors