4. Frederick C. Robbins Building
The building formerly known as the School of Medicine's east wing was renamed in 2003 to honor the 1954 Nobel Prize recipient who was dean emeritus of the medical school and University Professor emeritus of the university. The Robbins Building is home to the Health Center Library; the Center for Science, Health and Society; lecture halls and small-group meeting rooms; educational laboratories; the medical student lounge; medical student-related administrative offices; offices and laboratories of the departments of neurosciences and physiology and biophysics; and an Alzheimer's disease research laboratory. It was completed in 1971 as part of the university's Health Sciences Center, which also includes the medical school's Sears Tower, the dental and nursing schools, an underground parking garage and a cafeteria.