Since 1953, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System has provided state-of-the-art healthcare services to the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your healthcare needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 158,000 veterans living in a 15-county area of Michigan and northwest Ohio. Our facility also serves as a referral center for specialty care.
The main hospital campus located in Ann Arbor operates 98 acute care beds and 40 nursing home (extended care) beds. Nearly 279,000 outpatient visits were made at our facilities in fiscal year 2006; there were 4,800 inpatient episodes of care provided in the hospital and extended care center.
We employ over 1,600 staff and nearly 800 volunteers.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility in Ann Arbor, we offer services in three community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in —
Our mission is to provide high quality comprehensive healthcare to veterans, train health professionals, and conduct meritorious research.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System will be a provider of choice for veterans and a referral center of choice for other VA medical centers.
- Manage capacity and access while preserving quality and patient-centered care delivery processes
- Establish or expand programs/services where clinical need is demonstrated, cost/benefit analysis supports, and current capacity is maximized
- Provide a high quality and safe environment for patients, employees, and visitors
- Recruit, retain, and develop high quality staff
- Cultivate strong research and medical education programs
- Achieve financial stability
We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence.