Security information Learn more about viruses, spam, Trojans, hoaxes, spyware and adware
We are committed to raising awareness about computer security. Search our security analyses, learn more about viruses, spam, Trojans, hoaxes, spyware and adware, and get expert advice from our technical papers and white papers.
- Security analysesFind SophosLabs data about viruses, spyware, suspicious behavior and files, adware, PUAs, and controlled applications and devices.
- SophosLabs™Find out about our global network of researchers and analysts, which provides customers with round-the-clock detection and protection.
- SophosLabs blogWant to know what our experts think about the latest security issues? Daily updates from SophosLabs™ provide insight into the most interesting and widespread threats.
- Spyware and adwareWhat spyware and adware are, and how we deal with them.
- Top 10 malwareA list of the top 10 viruses reported to Sophos each month.
- HoaxesInformation about virus hoaxes, chain letters, scams and common misunderstandings.
- Technical papersWe've written and presented a range of papers aimed at system administrators and security specialists on a variety of topical issues.
- Email notificationSign up to receive the latest virus warnings, and product and support news by email.
- Best practiceRead our advice to defend your networks against viruses, spyware, spam, and phishing, and download our ever-popular guide, A-Z of Computer Security Threats.
- White papersA series of papers addressing and discussing topical anti-virus and anti-spam issues as well as other related topics.
- Web seminarsLearn how to protect your business in our free web seminars.
- Sophos PodcastsKeep up with the latest security issues and trends. Download Sophos Podcasts to listen to our experts anytime and anywhere.
- Hot topicsOur experts have written simple, informative guides on current trends and threats, and explain how our software answers today's security concerns.
Discover threats, unwanted applications and hidden rootkits with tools that operate alongside your existing anti-virus software.
Learn from our experts
We've written a range of documents to raise awareness of general anti-virus and anti-spam issues.
Send a sample
If you have suspicious files that our software has not detected, please send us a sample for analysis.