Founding History, Presidents and video Documentary
Current Students
Academic Affairs and Programs
Admissions information and forms
Parents and Guardains

Barber-Scotia College is a four-year, independent, co-ed college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). It was founded in 1867 as Scotia Seminary, preparing black women for careers as social workers and teachers. The name of the institution changed to Scotia Women's College in 1916. A merger with Barber-Scotia Memorial College of Anniston, Alabama in 1930 resulted in the adoption of the College's present name in 1932. The first bachelor's degree was granted in 1945. In 1946, the North Carolina Board of Education gave the College a four-year rating. In 1954, the school became a co-ed college, allowing men to enroll. The college maintains close ties to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). The school's motto, Lumen Veritas et Utilitas, means "knowledge, Truth and Science". A complimentary feature of the College is its design as a liberial arts institution whose mission in the total development of its students - intellectually, physically,emotionally,socially and spiritually.

Forms

Barber-Scotia Campus Map

 
Dr. McClean
 
145 Cabarrus Ave West
Concord, NC 28025
(704 ) 789 2900
Contact US 
The Web Barber-Scotia