Manila Bulletin Online
Nav Bar   Tuesday, January 16, 2007 Navigation Nav Bar
Feedback Archives Contact Us Advertise Subscribe Desktop Headlines
spacer
 
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer



 
spacer
Suspect in killing of two GROs arrested
spacer


By NATALIE JANE M. MALAYO

A 31-year-old man tagged as the prime suspect in the slaying of two Guest Relation Officers in Manila was charged yesterday with robbery and two counts of murder before the Manila Prosecutor’s Office following his arrest at his aunt’s house in Antipolo City.

After more than a week of manhunt operation, elements of the Manila Police District (MPD) Homicide Division arrested Jimmy Alfonso at 2 a.m. yesterday in Prime Rose Subdivision in Antipolo City.

"I killed them just so I can bring food to my family," Alfonso, also known as "Jimboy," said shortly after he was brought to the MPD headquarters in Manila.

Alfonso was the prime suspect in the killing of Angie Binuya, 30, and her roommate Genlem de Torres, 28, waitresses at a KTV bar in Manila. He was reported to be romantically involved with Binuya.

"I was not serious with her… it was all just game. We were friends. All this was for the money," he said when asked about his relationship with Binuya.

Binuya and De Torres were found dead in their condominium unit in 1315 Cavite St., Tondo, Manila before dawn last Thursday. Investigators said Binuya and De Torres had a drinking session with Alfonso prior to the crime.

The investigators said Alfonso slashed the necks of the two women, then cut off the ring finger of one of them to remove her ring. He also drew the figure "8" on one of the victims’ body and on the door of the room using the victims’ blood.

Asked if he was high on drugs at that time, he answered, "no, I was not."

The law enforcers said Alfonso did not resist arrest when they barged into his hideout in Antipolo City.

Investigators said they got their initial tip on Alfonso’s whereabouts last week after discovering his account on "Friendster," an on-line social networking website.

Police operatives are now conducting a follow-up operation to recover the stolen valuables, including cell phones and jewelries which were pawned by the suspect.

Printer Friendly Version spacer Email to a friend
 

spacer
OTHER METRO & NATIONAL NEWS
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
 

spacer




HOME | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISE | CONTACT US | SEARCH | ARCHIVE | FEEDBACK

FEATURES: MB WAP | MB Mobile Edition | Desktop Headlines

SECTIONS: MAIN | BUSINESS | OPINION & EDITORIAL | SPORTS | YOUTH & CAMPUS | ENTERTAINMENT | AGRICULTURE | INFOTECH | HEALTH | TOURISM | SOCIETY | METRO & NATIONAL | PROVINCIAL | D R I V E | SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES | WELL-BEING | TECHNEWS | TASTE | WEDDINGS | I | BOARD PASSERS | MOMS AND BABIES | BUSINESS AGENDA | SPACE | PICTURE PERFECT | ENVIRONMENT | 

LINKS: PHILIPPINE PANORAMA | TEMPO | CLASSIFIED ADS ONLINE | USER PRIVACY POLICY

Copyright © 2001-2005, Manila Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.

designed and developed by
Alchemy Solutions