Where to find APEs (AVS(Advanced Visualisation Studio) Plugin Effects)
It strikes me as extremely odd that the winamp page doesn't have a list
of APEs under plugins, it was time somebody made this overview, hence:
The winamp forums have got quitte a lot of threads about APEs, but I think a forum is not a place to publish a list.
If you think there is something missing. Let me know.
last change march 12 2008 - (but i should do a thorough revision)
Winamp AVS APEs:
APEs by Goebish:
- Addborder (AddBorder.ape), Framerate limiter (FramerateLimiter.ape),
Negative Strobe (NegativeStrobe.ape), RGB Filter (RGBfilter.ape),
ScreenReverse (ScreenReverse.ape), VFX AVI-Player (VfxAviPlayer.ape).
VFX AVI-Player: with Chroma keying
Framerate limiter: Can be
usefull to slow down old presets running too fast on recent CPUs and
other things, like keeping feedbackloops the same time lenght.
APE by Jheriko:
- Global Variable Manager (globmgr.ape).
For doing stuff with megabuff.
APEs by Joshua Gerrish:
- prOn (pfavs.ape), slideshow (slideshow.ape).
Pr0n takes video device-input and puts it into AVS.
Slideshow can show pictures from a folder. Also PNG, BMP and JPG.
APEs by Steven Wittens (UnconeD):
- AVS-Grabber (avsgrabber.ape), Picture II (picture2.ape), vj-control (vjcontrol.ape).
Picture II: Can read BMP and JPEG
VJ-control: sliders, buttons and checkboxes
AVS-Grabber: making AVIs
APE by Shreyas:
- Dynamic Clear Screen (CLS_dynamic.ape).
Also linewidth.ape which can be found on the winamp forum in his signature. Seems not to work with winamp 2.
APE by Syfi:
- IrisAPE_lite (IrisAPE.ape).
Site is down, but can still be found on the internet archive: here.
Takes webcam input into AVS.
Also supports FireWire.
APEs by Tim Redfern:
- No working links on the page itself, but the APEs are there:
Miditracer (miditrace.ape), Pixelplayer (player2.ape), Saver (saver.ape).
APEs are no longer there, but can be found on the internet archive: miditrace.ape player2.ape saver.ape
Miditracer: For using midi-instruments with AVS. To get to the following APEs: Clique on the green square, to get there.
Pixelplayer: also has a documentation.txt
Documentation is no longer online, but can be found on the internet archive: documentation
Saver: Creates AVIs from your presets.
Tim Redfern also has a new page, with publications.
APE by Tomylobo:
- : Automated AVSTrans APE (eeltrans.ape) , Buffer blend (buffer.ape) , Triangle renderer (triangle.ape)
, Normalise (normalise.ape)
This last one normalises pictures, giving optimal use of contrast.
Less interesting APEs
Which can be found on the winampforum.
- by Steven Wittens in his Whacko AVS IV (Not suitable for winamp 5.)
- Edge-detect by Tom Paton.
- tv noise by unknown.
- VisFrac by Peter Paulowski: This ancient preset pack at
winamp/plugins contains vf.ape (version 1.1), also contains: tv.ape,
fyrewurx.ape :-) and 3d.ape.
Missing something? Or am I saying something wildly inaccurate?
Let me know.