VIP Area
Join our VIP Program
- Free Board - Who's Online
Posting Rules
Flaming/Flame Wars
Flaming is reacting to someone's board posting or PM in a hostile manner by publicly chastising the person or bombarding the person with nasty posts or PM's. Flaming may occur to users that engage in behavior that violates what is considered proper board netiquette. A flame war occurs when two or more users flame each other in an escalating manner that threatens to continue unabated. If you notice a flame war developing just notify the moderator or adminitrator and let them handle it. Do not take part in flame wars. If you do you will be banned even if you did not start it :-)

Pharmacy List: US List · Comprehensive OCS List · International List · Canadian List · Black List · Drug List · Compare Prices
Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148382 - 04/18/06 09:20 PM Re: Provigil
PsykoSmiley Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

I know you like your provigil but it's going to ruin your nervous system in the long run. No one is meant to run at that pace and believe it's normal.

It doesn't make me run "at that pace" in fact me on provigil probably would still have less energy then you without it. It does make me feel more my age and help me keep up with the others on my job, which I should be able to do.

Quote:

If you suffer a lack of energy, it's your thyroid that's out of whack and the provigil is only masking that right now.

Are you a doctor, just wondering because I've had my thyroid tested by my doctor and everything came back normal. He was actually convinced thats what it was until my results came back.

I agree this drug should not be taken lightly, by people that don't have a medical need. It's not a drug to use just stay up and party all night. But you have to realize some of us have a medical need for it or something like it. Maybe someday there will be a cure for me but until then I will use drugs like provigil which can help me lead a normal life.

By the way, I have noticed a tolerance issue, it is not working as well for me as it did at first. I take it M-F and take weekends off to try and keep my tolerance down but the weekends are rough, I'm just lazy all weekend and during the week I'm having problems waking up again. I swear it's gonna cost me my job one of these days.

#148383 - 04/21/06 12:55 AM Re: Provigil
sticktogether Offline

Loc: west/midwest
WHAT CATEGORY IS PROVIGIL? WILL IT FAIL YOU A DRUG TEST?
#148384 - 04/21/06 08:19 PM Re: Provigil
PsykoSmiley Offline
Enthusiast

I went to the docs yesterday and talked with him about provigil. He's a cool guy so I told him about getting it from an overseas pharmacy. He was ok with that but he gave me a script for it in case I ever need to show it to customs and he also came bck and gave me a sample box of 7. He wanted me to try the american kind to see if there was any difference. I got home and looked in the box and he had combined 3 boxes so I had 21 pills! Do I have a cool doc or what

By the way the box says sched IV

#148385 - 04/22/06 12:00 AM Re: Provigil
bobbiejo Offline
Threadhead

Loc: midwest
Wow....what an awesome doc.

#148386 - 04/22/06 10:10 AM Re: Provigil
JimmyK Offline
Threadhead

Loc: United States
The next poster and the DEA website agree it is a schedule IV and while I doubt the assay of provigil will show up on a drug test I declare the medication I am taking and show proper prescription just in case it may or may not show up on a drug test. Most of the time of you do that, they send it off to the lab stating that you are on this or that, and the results that come back to the employer simply state drug test negative.

#148387 - 04/22/06 01:42 PM Re: Provigil
PsykoSmiley Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Wow....what an awesome doc.

yeah he is! Now if I could get him to come up off the pk's that easily

#148388 - 07/16/07 12:50 AM Re: Provigil
trbice Offline
Stranger

Loc: East Coast
A drug test for employment? IT IS UNLIKELY THAT YOU WOULD FAIL! They generally only test for methamphetaime, thc, pcp, cocaine, and opiates. That said, a more comprehensive DT will show it in your system; I believe that if and only if the DT is testing for tricyclics would moda show up. Benzos, barbituates, tricyclics - etc, are NOT generally tested in a preemployment test.
#564713 - 09/19/07 01:08 AM Re: Provigil [Re: trbice]
pennst890 Offline
Stranger

I have been taking Provigil for about 6 months (started at 100 mg/day but quickly went up to 200 mg/day). I was literally falling asleep in the middle of a conversation(side effects from increase in other meds and my illness) before taking this. It has been a lifesaver as I am SAHM with small kids and a hubby who travels. But now I'm in a panic! New doc in the practice told me last week that I have to stop taking it as the DEA has decided it is only approved for narcolepsy and shift work and those prescribing and taking it for purposes other than those two will be prosecuted! I said that I hadn't heard or seen anything about that, and he said the drug rep told them on his last visit to their office and who would know better than the drug rep? I have tried to wean down to 100 mg and even not take it some mornings to see if I notice a difference, and BAM! I am falling asleep in the chair once again. I can't even drive for fear of what might happen. Has anybody else heard about this? Can anyone suggest an alternative? Thanks in advance for your help.
#703659 - 05/24/08 01:53 AM Re: Provigil [Re: pennst890]
Nimic1234 Offline
Stranger

I'm new to all this but I've been doing quite a few hours of reading about Provigil on these forums and elsewhere, so I though I would sum it up here (see below).

I would love to hear everyone's experience with different generics. I've just ordered Modiodal to try the real thing first, but would like to switch to generics for my next order to save money.

Which generics would you recommend? So far Modapro seems to win. Anything else? Did you find a generic that is 100% similar to the real thing? (please specify if you have experience with the genuine Cephalon-made meds or not)

-----------------------------------

Results of my research so far:

(Correct me if I'm wrong about anything)

Modafinil is the name of the substance. It is owned and manufactured by Cephalon Labs of France.

The brand name is Modiodal in France, Progivil in the US. These brand names are manufactured by Cephalon. Those are obviously the best but expensive.

There are a number of generics available, let me sum up the general feeling about them:

-Alertec is not that good

-Modalert (SunPharma, India) is not that good either, people have been saying it doesn't work for them or feels like cheap amphetamine. SunPharma does not have a very good reputation.

-Modapro seems to be the most praised generic now - it is manufactured by Cipla, an apparently quite old and respected generic Indian manufacturer. Several people have said this works for them, two have said they can't see any difference with the real Progivil they have tried before.

-Modavigil is what is marketed in Australia - it seems this is still manufactured by Cephalon, but sold at a cheaper price, but it's not easy to find online.

Edited by Nimic1234 (05/24/08 01:57 AM)

#707649 - 06/01/08 07:14 AM Re: Provigil [Re: Nimic1234]
CityGirl Offline

I got a prescription for this for my ADD. It works ok, but not as well as Adderall. On the other hand, it has fewer side effects.
#707650 - 06/01/08 07:15 AM Re: Provigil [Re: CityGirl]
CityGirl Offline

Is anyone else taking this for ADD?
#710787 - 06/07/08 12:34 AM Re: Provigil [Re: techno]
Nimic1234 Offline
Stranger

Anyone has experience with Modvigil, sold at offshore-pharma?

They say it's a generic manufactured by HAB.

It's sold here

#713172 - 06/12/08 05:39 AM Re: Provigil [Re: Nimic1234]
Nimic1234 Offline
Stranger

Took Provigil twice now. Like others before, I'm disappointed.

Yesterday started with 50 mg. After one hour, not feeling much, I took 50 more. Then another 100 mg, 2 hours later.

I did stay awake and working until 7 AM, but then again I do that all the time without Provigil. I didn't feel any difference, other than waking up more easily afterwards.

Today I took 200 mg straight away. I'm 2 hours later now and I don't feel anything. No special alertness, no more concentration, no more focus.

This is with Modiodal from Cephalon - not a generic - which I got at Aurapharm. I have no reason to believe this is a fake product, so I guess it just doesn't work for me.

Next...Ritalin? What would you recommend if Provigil just doesn't work for someone? What I'm trying to get is that "tunnel vision" of focus, ie that super-strong will to get things done.

#713301 - 06/12/08 11:00 AM Re: Provigil [Re: Nimic1234]
jehza1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Southwest US
 Originally Posted By: Nimic1234
Took Provigil twice now. Like others before, I'm disappointed.

Yesterday started with 50 mg. After one hour, not feeling much, I took 50 more. Then another 100 mg, 2 hours later.

I did stay awake and working until 7 AM, but then again I do that all the time without Provigil. I didn't feel any difference, other than waking up more easily afterwards.

Today I took 200 mg straight away. I'm 2 hours later now and I don't feel anything. No special alertness, no more concentration, no more focus.

This is with Modiodal from Cephalon - not a generic - which I got at Aurapharm. I have no reason to believe this is a fake product, so I guess it just doesn't work for me.

Next...Ritalin? What would you recommend if Provigil just doesn't work for someone? What I'm trying to get is that "tunnel vision" of focus, ie that super-strong will to get things done.

I have taken Provigil, Ritalin, Adderall and am now on Vyvanse. Provigil worked for me for quite awhile and then abruptly stopped working. I wouldn't switch to Ritalin, but that's IMO, other's swear by it. Vyvanse is quite good, i.e. tolerable side effects, does not cause excessive nervousness or euphoria, and lasts for about 6 hours. Your doc should have no problem switching you to this, as it is new, and is touted to have low abuse potential due to is molecular structure (d-amph attatched to l-lysine so that it can't be inhaled or used intravenously). Of course, one could over come this if that was their intention, but I 'm wagering that if you were willing to try Provigil, given it's cost (it's quite expensive) than you are probably looking for relief of ADHD symptoms, not trying to get "high", as it were. Ask your doctor about this drug. I'm very sensitive to stimulants, and it has worked out (thus far) quite well for me. The key to it's efficacy is a high protein diet, lots of water, and exercise-at least in my esteem.
Hope that helps,
J

#713305 - 06/12/08 11:11 AM Re: Provigil [Re: jehza1]
Nimic1234 Offline
Stranger

Thanks Jehza. Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't go for Ritalin? Is it the side effects, and if so, what exactly put you off?
#713316 - 06/12/08 11:25 AM Re: Provigil [Re: Nimic1234]
jehza1 Offline
Veteran

Ritalin is relatively short acting, and I felt it's effects wear off after only a couple of hours meaning that I would either 1)crash or 2)have to re-dose, which would increase negative PNS stimulation for me. It also made me a bit irritable, and I could feel myself "craving" the next dose just to avoid the "crash". You also have to be vigilant about when you eat, as taking it after a meal almost completely negates it's effects-which in turn meant that I would often skip breakfast and have nothing but water and synthetic amph in my veins, leading to other problems, and again, and increase in unwanted side effects.

It's a bit of a rollercoaster ride, and that was the reason I stopped taking it (coupled with my doctor moving out of town, but I digress). It also causes some people to become depressed and or addicted to the drug, many report not being able to "function" without it once they have been on it for an extended period of time. That didn't happen to me, and I was surprised, as I have had problems with other drugs in the past. I just didn't feel like it was worth all the hassle, in the end.

Too bad Provigil, didn't work out for you. I'm hoping that by giving it a break I can go back to it, as it's not a schedule 2 drug and I don't have to go to my doc every month just to get a refill.

#713320 - 06/12/08 11:29 AM Re: Provigil [Re: JimmyK]
jehza1 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JimmyK
The next poster and the DEA website agree it is a schedule IV and while I doubt the assay of provigil will show up on a drug test I declare the medication I am taking and show proper prescription just in case it may or may not show up on a drug test. Most of the time of you do that, they send it off to the lab stating that you are on this or that, and the results that come back to the employer simply state drug test negative.

It wouldn't show up on a standard "panel" drug test, but if you were an athlete being tested before a race, for example, it would show up-and it would be considered "doping" as it does improve performance. I'm not sure that's relevant to your question, just some FYI \:\)

#713645 - 06/13/08 02:57 AM Re: Provigil [Re: Nimic1234]
PharmGrrl61 Offline

Loc: "The SouthEast"
 Originally Posted By: Nimic1234

Results of my research so far:

(Correct me if I'm wrong about anything)

-Modalert (SunPharma, India) is not that good either, people have been saying it doesn't work for them or feels like cheap amphetamine. SunPharma does not have a very good reputation.

I have to disagree here. I have taken Modalert and another called Modafil which is also from SunPharma. Both have worked just great for me. And I have had the U.S. brand name Provigil. I am thrilled with the SunPharma generics.

#727836 - 07/14/08 01:37 AM Re: Provigil [Re: PharmGrrl61]
tracker2208 Offline
Stranger

What's worked best for me is the bulk powder from Airsealed.com and Modapro. It's been probably over a year since I've had Modapro (every place I ordered from stop taking credit card payments) and probably about six months since the bulk powders (it works well but powder is a pain, and it used to be cheap but now is expensive). Because of the extreme length between dosages I can't definitively which was better for me, but those are the top two. After that pound for pound Alertec is more effective then Modalert, but penny for penny Modalert edges out Alertec. There was another generic Indian version I tried, but I can't remember the name. It was the least effective, not even worth it. I had the pleasure of obtaining sample Provigil pills from my doctor, and pound for pound they were the most effective. No way am I going to spend $300 a month on this stuff though. I just got my stimulus check, so I think I'll go for the 200mg x180 Modapro from thepharmacyexpress.com. That should last me a good 4-5 months.
#727919 - 07/14/08 09:30 AM Re: Provigil [Re: tracker2208]
xj6guy Offline
Board Addict

quote "I have to disagree here. I have taken Modalert and another called Modafil which is also from SunPharma. Both have worked just great for me. And I have had the U.S. brand name Provigil. I am thrilled with the SunPharma generics.

i have to agree with you on the sunpharma part. I find that all sunpharma products are good, in fact they make the best generic alprolazam i have ever tried. to bad they don't make a 2mg dose.

#730448 - 07/18/08 11:41 AM Re: Provigil [Re: techno]
neeks Offline
Stranger

A modafinil / provigil link on the drug list page would be helpful.
#731894 - 07/20/08 09:06 PM Re: Provigil [Re: neeks]
fartbubble Offline
Stranger

agreed. prices for modafinil? provigil? modalert? modiodal?
#761810 - 09/08/08 03:22 PM Re: Provigil [Re: fartbubble]
jonathandreams Offline
Stranger

I have taken Provigil (modafinil) recreationally a few times and would like to tell you of my experiences.

The first time, I had one 100mg pill of the actual US brand Provigil. I took it early in the the morning after a less than normal nights sleep (under 6 hours) and it took about 2 and a half hours to fully start feeling it. I felt focused and slightly energized, but most of all I didn't feel tired. Throughout the day I was slightly irritated on the inside, but friendly and more talkative on the outside. After a six-hour work day, I actually was tired enough to take an hour nap (blame this on the lack of sleep from before). Afterwards, I woke up felt very much awake even into way past my usual bed time. I actually just made a conscious decision to go to bed and try to sleep instead of what I usually do which is just stay up until I'm tired enough to pass out. The next day I was refreshed and felt no ill side-effects.

I learned from this first use that Provigil doesn't give you any energy. It simply shuts off the feelings of tiredness. So while you might not be tired, you still aren't hyped with energy for long if you don't have outside help like caffeine.

I eventually purchased an indian generic Provigil called Modalert which is made by Sun Pharma. At first, the modafinil was very similar to the Provigil experience. I took it after a good nights rest and a longer than usual day of work ahead of me. It was a 200mg that I cut in half, so it was actually 100mg. I didn't feel tired, or irritable. After I got out of work, I wasn't tired at all. It seemed it was more effective when I took it after a good nights rest. After work, I helped a friend movie some furniture around his house and felt very energized and happy that I wasn't tired. At about my usual bed time, I was starting to feel tired again. I went to sleep and woke up much earlier than usual. I only got about 5 hours of sleep and when I woke up I felt drugged up and not comfortable enough to go back to sleep. I decided to wait a few hours and then have the other 100 mg of Modalert to help me wake up for the day. The effects where much the same. A nice day, but then a bad nights sleep and a drugged-up feeling. The following afternoon I had chest pains that bordered on really bad and a head congestion that seemed weird.

I learned from this experience not to take any more of the Modalert that I purchased from AirSealed.com. I talked to an experienced friend of mine and he told me it sounded more amphetamine-like than like Provigil. But I don't really know for sure about that.

SO, I want you to take this all with a grain of salt. People have different body chemistry, and what works for me may not work for you. I also want to say that despite the druggy effects of the Modalert, that AirSealed.com is still good when it comes to reliability of shipments. Thanks for reading and I welcome any feedback or questions you may have.

#761864 - 09/08/08 04:39 PM Re: Provigil [Re: jonathandreams]
tfinnj Offline
Journeyman

Loc: us of a :0)
 Originally Posted By: jonathandreams
I have taken Provigil (modafinil) recreationally a few times and would like to tell you of my experiences.

The first time, I had one 100mg pill of the actual US brand Provigil. I took it early in the the morning after a less than normal nights sleep (under 6 hours) and it took about 2 and a half hours to fully start feeling it. I felt focused and slightly energized, but most of all I didn't feel tired. Throughout the day I was slightly irritated on the inside, but friendly and more talkative on the outside. After a six-hour work day, I actually was tired enough to take an hour nap (blame this on the lack of sleep from before). Afterwards, I woke up felt very much awake even into way past my usual bed time. I actually just made a conscious decision to go to bed and try to sleep instead of what I usually do which is just stay up until I'm tired enough to pass out. The next day I was refreshed and felt no ill side-effects.

I learned from this first use that Provigil doesn't give you any energy. It simply shuts off the feelings of tiredness. So while you might not be tired, you still aren't hyped with energy for long if you don't have outside help like caffeine.

I eventually purchased an indian generic Provigil called Modalert which is made by Sun Pharma. At first, the modafinil was very similar to the Provigil experience. I took it after a good nights rest and a longer than usual day of work ahead of me. It was a 200mg that I cut in half, so it was actually 100mg. I didn't feel tired, or irritable. After I got out of work, I wasn't tired at all. It seemed it was more effective when I took it after a good nights rest. After work, I helped a friend movie some furniture around his house and felt very energized and happy that I wasn't tired. At about my usual bed time, I was starting to feel tired again. I went to sleep and woke up much earlier than usual. I only got about 5 hours of sleep and when I woke up I felt drugged up and not comfortable enough to go back to sleep. I decided to wait a few hours and then have the other 100 mg of Modalert to help me wake up for the day. The effects where much the same. A nice day, but then a bad nights sleep and a drugged-up feeling. The following afternoon I had chest pains that bordered on really bad and a head congestion that seemed weird.

I learned from this experience not to take any more of the Modalert that I purchased from AirSealed.com. I talked to an experienced friend of mine and he told me it sounded more amphetamine-like than like Provigil. But I don't really know for sure about that.

SO, I want you to take this all with a grain of salt. People have different body chemistry, and what works for me may not work for you. I also want to say that despite the druggy effects of the Modalert, that AirSealed.com is still good when it comes to reliability of shipments. Thanks for reading and I welcome any feedback or questions you may have.

wow i had a similar experience. i ordered the generic modalert brand from airsealed. within a couple hours of taking a 100 mg dose, i had such a sore throat. it lasted 2 days. also felt druggy in the morning. threw them out. yuck.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Melody, Heidi 
Hop to:

Software Design & Customizations by Joshua Pettit

- Vote for DrugBuyers.Com!