Dead Space uses The Godfather engine
EA's upcoming action horror title built on a highly modified version of EA's open-city engine.
At a presentation to industry analysts yesterday EA revealed that the EA Redwood Shores developed Dead Space is being built on the same engine that powered The Godfather games - albeit a highly modified version that includes all the next-gen features we've come to expect.
This isn't surprising, given that EA Redwood is the studio responsible for The Godfather, but the two games aren't exactly comparable. While The Godfather was a completely free-roaming city-based action game, Dead Space is set onboard a space ship and predominantly features corridors and enclosed spaces.
Anyone worried about how the game will look needn't worry though. We came away pretty impressed when we played the game a few weeks back.
Dead Space uses The Godfather engine - Dead Space for Xbox 360 News - VideoGamer.com
- God of War combat designer worked on ...News - Posted 07-10-2008 - 3:15pm
- NinjatownScreens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 3:01pm
- Treyarch: We're already thinking abou...News - Posted 07-10-2008 - 2:49pm
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines o...Screens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 2:47pm
- Molyneux: We'd be pretty dumb not to ...News - Posted 07-10-2008 - 2:08pm
- FIFA 09 All-PlayReview - Posted 07-10-2008 - 2:07pm
- Silent Hill: HomecomingScreens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 2:00pm
- Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!Screens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 1:58pm
- Guitar Hero On Tour: DecadesScreens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 1:55pm
- Eledees: The Adventures of Kai and ZeroScreens - Posted 07-10-2008 - 1:54pm