FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:|
August 8, 1999
BUCHANAN FAMILY FARM
BILL OF RIGHTS
Family Farm Bill of Rights
-- Full text of speech by Patrick J. Buchanan
1. Eliminate all inheritance and capital gains taxes.
2. Insist that all countries that trade with the U.S. give American farmers open access to their markets absent tariffs and quotas.
3. Abolish the IMF and end American taxpayer bailouts of foreign competitors of U.S. farmers.
4. Review all embargoes and sanctions of foreign countries that use food exports as a weapon.
5. Enforce existing anti-trust laws to prevent mega-mergers from forcing the vertical integration of American agriculture.
6. Require price disclosure.
7. Support ethanol production as integral to a policy of national energy independence.
8. Rewrite the Endangered Species Act to require a vote of Congress on every species listed as endangered.
9. Launch a regulatory revolution by exempting family farms from OSHA, imposing a moratorium on all new regulation, requiring a sunset provision of five years on all regulation, and instituting a defined annual cutback in regulatory paperwork.
10.Restore farmers' Fifth Amendment property rights and end the regulatory theft of
property without just compensation.
-------- 30 --------