ICAL AT SMITH
The Apple calendaring program is called iCal. It is easy to integrate with Apple Mail and allows you to import events from your GroupWise calendar.
Refer to Apple's Mac 101: iCal document to familiarize yourself with the application.
Recently imaged Staff and Faculty computers already have the Smith Academic Calendar setup, if you don't have this calendar, you can easily download and install it.
- Download Academic08-09.ics.zip
- Double-click on Academic08-09.ics.zip to unarchive the file.
- Double-click on Academic 08-09.ics to add the calendar to iCal.
- The Add Events window will open, choose New Calendar from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- iCal will automatically create a new calendar called Academic Calendar 08-09. You can also edit this calendar the same way you edit your personal calendars.
Appointments created in your GroupWise calendar will appear as emails with .ics files in the Calendar folder of your GroupWise account.
To add an appointment from your GroupWise calendar into iCal,
- Select the Calendar folder.
- The subject of the emails in this folder are equivalent to the subject of the GroupWise appointment. Select the appointment that you wish to add to iCal.
- The email body will contain an attachment called mime-attachment.ics. Single-click on the attachment.
- iCal will open and an Add Event window will appear. Select your destination calendar from the dropdown and click OK.