ZAGREB, CROATIA –
- I head something a moment ago, but I don`t know what it is about. I don`t know what`s happening. Was someone hurt? – Mirjana Pukanic asked us over the telephone, the wife of NCL Media Group co-owner Ivo Pukanic, after media reported the first news of a bomb activated in the building outside Nacional Board headquarters. The bomb attack, i.e. the bomb set up under Ivo Pukanic`s car, killed him, as well as his colleague, journalist Niko Franic.
Unfortunately, we were the ones to notify Mrs. Pukanic about her husband`s death.
- Your husband Ivo Pukanic was killed – we told her.
- Excuse me? Ivo killed? I can`t believe it. Ivo died? No, this is not true –
Mirjana Pukanic: What will happen to Sara now?
A brief pause followed. Mirjana did not know what to say. She just kept on repeating:
- No, this is not true. I can`t believe it. I don`t know what to say –
As we stated our condolences, as well as disbelief that something like this happened, Mirjana was brief:
- This is unimaginable for me. We were supposed to have our divorce hearing on December 5. No, I wouldn`t wish this upon anyone ever -
However, one person was hurt most in the matter – Ivo and Mirjana Pukanic`s underage daughter Sara.
- Jesus, what will happen to Sara now? This really is too much, I can`t do it any longer – she said.