Saturday, November 1, 2008
As always, a few minutes with Andy...
60 Minutes Logo
Wondering About Andy?
- "Did you ever wonder...?" is a catchphrase attributed to Andy for years, but Andy insists he's never used it in the more than 900 essays he's written for "60 Minutes."
- He also did not write an essay on "older women" that's been e-mailed around the world for years and still appears on the Internet.
- Andy doesn't sign autographs. He will gladly sign one of his 15 books, however, provided you send it to him with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- He's controversial in his essays, and some have called him a racist. But few know Andy got himself arrested in St. Augustine, Fla. in the early 1940s when he refused to leave the back of the bus to protest the fact that his fellow soldiers who were black had to sit there.
- ...and, he prefers "Andrew" to "Andy!"
Get an alert whenever a new segment is added to 60minutes.yahoo.com.
Senior Producer: Debbie De Luca Sheh
Editor: Keith D. Kulin
Associate Producers: Susie Bieber, Rebecca Chertok