Misr El-Fatah Party was established on October 12, 1989.
The Party is headed by Abdul Hakim Abdul Majid Khalil.
The Party platform calls for:
• Establishing a parliamentary/presidential ruling system.
• Enhancing the Egyptian-Arab ties.
• Achieving integration with African countries.
• Adopting non-alignment policies.
• Establishing the so-called socialist, Islamic economic system and boosting the role of the private sector.
The Party & legislative elections
The Party fielded seven candidates to run for the 2000 legislative elections.