- Macaulay Culkin's Family 'Absolutely Heartbroken' by Sister's Death
- Lo Bosworth on Heidi's Decision to Wed: 'She Was Drunk!'
- Police Identify Murderer of America's Most Wanted Host's Son
- Diddy Throws Private Birthday Bash for Kim Porter
- Source: Ryan Gosling Still Loves Rachel McAdams
- Ryan Phillippe to Spend Christmas with the Cornishes
- Demi Lovato Won't Date a Jonas Brother
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday December 16, 2008 06:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
According to court papers obtained by PEOPLE, Young, 37, petitioned for a divorce, citing irreconcilable differences in his Nov. 22 filing.
"The couple remain on friendly terms and sincerely hope the media will respect their privacy during this difficult time," the pair said in a statement Thursday.
The Private Practice star, 41, wed Young – a production co-president at 20th Century Fox – on Sept. 1, 2007, in the town of Ojai, just north of Los Angeles, after becoming engaged in May.
In October 2007, Walsh, then a newlywed, talked openly about their whirlwind relationship, telling Ellen DeGeneres on her show, "There was this kind of funny moment, after we were like we're married and all of the hoopla was over and we were like, 'What do we do now?' "
"We're married," she said at the time. "Alright, I guess we just live and love and learn from each other."
Get the dish on the stars of Grey's Anatomy
Read about more celebrity divorces
Get up-to-the-minute celebrity news and photos on your cellphone, iPhone or Blackberry at www.people.com!
Check out more on... Kate Walsh
They Said What? Daytime
Tuesday, December 16, 2008: Daytime
Tom Cruise takes over Today, Diddy gets dissed by Ellen and more from Monday's daytime TV shows
What's Hot on People.com
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues