COSC 3601 - Parallel Programming
IN 2001 Classes were held in Vislab at the ATP, Monday and Thursday, 2:00pm to 5:00pm.
Part A. Russell Standish.
1. Mon Apr 9, 2-5 pm (Lectures 1 & 2), ATP lab
2. Thurs Apr 12, 2-4/5 pm (Lecture 3), ATP lab
Lecture 1: Introduction to High Performance Computing
Russell's Lecture Slides:
Part B. Bob Sinkovits:
3. Mon 23 April, 10am-1pm, ATP lab - note Wed 25 is public holiday also
4. Thurs 26 April, 2-5pm, ATP lab
5. Fri 27 April, 2-5pm, ATP lab - reception at 5pm
6. Mon 30 April, 10am-1pm, ATP lab
7. Tues 1 May, 10am-1pm, ATP lab
8. Wed 2 may, 10am-1pm, ATP lab
Topics: Message Passing Interface (MPI)
Part C. Russell Standish.
9. Mon 14 May, 2-4/5pm, ATP lab
10. Weekly on Mondays, 2-4/5pm, ATP lab
Lecture 4: OpenMP
Lecture 5: Debugging and Profiling: Workshop and Jumpshot
Lecture 6: Data Parallel: HPF and HPC++
Lecture 7: Parallel Libraries: LAPACK/BLAS etc
Labs in Physics and the ATP will be available aside from Tues & Wed 2-4pm [Phys] Wed 2-5pm [ATP], when other classes are running.
Assessment will be by class/lab exercises.
The two Lecturers for the classes are:
The Tutor for the class is Kevin Pulo (email@example.com), Computer Science & VisLab.
On how to get to the ATP lab, click here.
Sponsored by VisLab, CS, ac3, APAC.