- BOBBY GREEN TO REPLACE HORODECKI AT AFFLICTION
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- by Tom Hamlin - MMAWeekly.com
Southern California lightweight Bobby Green will replace Chris Horodecki to face Dan Lauzon in Saturday's "Day of Reckoning," according to Bill Douglas, Assistant Executive Officer for the California State Athletic Commission.
After a 24-hour scramble, Affliction execs managed to save the bout.
Despite reports to the contrary, Joe Cavallaro, a representative of Dan Lauzon, confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that the Lauzon vs. Green bout is still expected to remain on the pay-per-view portion of the fight card.
Green is 7-1 as a professional mixed martial artist, with the lion's share of his bouts fought for the Los Angeles-based Total Fighting Alliance promotion and Mexico-based Warrior's Fighting Championship. He currently trains out of Riverside Submission Academy in Riverside, Calif under MMA vet Joe Camacho.
BACK TO THE NEWS
Related Articles :
- - TITO ORTIZ SETTLES INTO NEW ROLE WITH AFFLICTION (Thursday, January 22, 2009)
Tito Ortiz spoke with MMAWeekly.com about his new role as a commentator for Affliction, his back injury, and his future as a fighter...
- - GOLDEN BOY OSCAR DE LA HOYA READY FOR MMA (Thursday, January 22, 2009)
MMAWeekly.com spoke with Golden Boy Promotions and famed boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya about his companies involvement with Affliction and his plans to further the sport of MMA...
- - GILBERT YVEL APOLOGIZES FOR MISDEEDS, EYES BELT (Thursday, January 22, 2009)
As the time nears to fight Josh Barnett, Gilbert Yvel apologizes for past indiscretions with an eye at Fedor Emelianenko's title belt...
- - GILBERT YVEL CLEARED TO FIGHT AT AFFLICTION (Wednesday, January 21, 2009)
Controversial Dutch heavyweight Gilbert Yvel has been officially cleared to face Josh Barnett at Affliction's "Day of Reckoning" on Saturday in Anaheim, Calif.
- - CHRIS HORODECKI OUT, NO REPLACEMENT YET (Wednesday, January 21, 2009)
Chris Horodecki has been stricken from Affliction's "Day of Reckoning" this Saturday in Anaheim, Calif. Affliction VP Tom Atencio confirmed the change to MMAWeekly.com...
- - SOKOUDJOU KICKS OFF NEW YEAR AT AFFLICTION (Wednesday, January 21, 2009)
Starting off the New Year, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou has a new employer, a new attitude, and a new goal... to defeat Renato "Babalu" Sobral...
- - AFFLICTION VIDEO: HORODECKI READY TO BREAK OUT (Wednesday, January 21, 2009)
As goes through final preparations for his Affliction "Day of Reckoning" bout with Dan Lauzon, Chris Horodecki is looking forward to his opportunity to break out into the MMA mainstream...
- - AFFLICTION: MATYUSHENKO EYES NOGUEIRA REMATCH (Wednesday, January 21, 2009)
Former IFL champ Vladimir Matyushenko talks about his sleeper Fight of the Night candidate match-up against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at Affliction this Saturday...
- - TITO ORTIZ AND OSCAR DE LA HOYA TALK FEDOR (Tuesday, January 20, 2009)
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz and famed boxer Oscar De La Hoya on Tuesday weighed in on Saturday's Affliction main event between Fedor Emelianenko and Andrei Arlovski...
- - NO MATTER WHAT VITOR SHOWS, LINDLAND IS READY (Tuesday, January 20, 2009)
“No matter what Vitor shows up, he’s a dangerous man,” says 38 year-old Matt Lindland. “He’s the same guy he’s always been."
- - FREDDIE ROACH PREDICTS ARLOVSKI TO KO FEDOR (Tuesday, January 06, 2009)
Famous boxing coach, Freddie Roach who is coaching Arlovski for his upcoming match against #1 ranked Fedor has a few words about the fight.
- - AFFLICTION RELEASES TV LINE-UPS FOR HDNET & PPV (Wednesday, December 17, 2008)
Affliction Entertainment on Wednesday announced the final line-up for its "Day of Reckoning" event for both the pay-per-view and HDNet portions of the fight card...
- - TITO ORTIZ JOINS AFFLICTION... AS COMMENTATOR (Wednesday, December 17, 2008)
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has signed on with Affliction Entertainment, although not in the capacity that most expected. He will join the broadcast team...
- - AFFLICTION 2: JANUARY 24 IN CALIFORNIA ()
Copyright 2009 MMA Weekly LLC. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of MMA Weekly content is expressly prohibited without expressed written consent of MMA Weekly. MMA Weekly will not be liable for any errors in content or any action taken in reliance thereof.