Yugoslav plane was probably shot down in 1972 by Czechs - ARD

Jugoslávské dopravní letadlo DC-9, které se zřítilo 26. ledna 1972 na pravidelné lince z Kodaně do Záhřebu u Srbské Kamenice v oblasti České Kamenice.

published: 08.01.2009, 12:35 | updated: 08.01.2009 12:58:24

Jugoslávské letadlo prý v 70. letech asi sestřelilo čs. letectvo

Prague - A Yugoslav plane that crashed at the beginning of the 1970s over Srbska Kamenice, North Bohemia, was probably shot down by mistake by the Czechoslovak air force, according to a German ARD radio Prague office research and Czech journalist Pavel Theiner.

Twenty-seven people were killed in the crash of the plane that was flying from Copenhagen to Zagreb on January 26, 1972.

According to the conclusions of the Czechoslovak commission of investigation conclusions released at the time, the accident occurred when explosives hidden in a suitcase went off and the plane exploded 10.5 kilometres above ground.

The commission also reported that Vesna Vulovic, the Yugoslav air hostess, was the only survivor of the crash, ARD says.

On the basis of the commission´s report, Vulovic´s name was entered in the Guinness Book of Records as a person surviving the highest fall without a parachute.

"What was then celebrated as a miracle was actually nothing else but a swindle invented by the secret services," ARD Prague correspondent Peter Hornung-Andersen says.

In a real fact, the plan broke up a mere hundreds of metres above the ground. The fact that Vulovic survived was therefore not so much remarkable as it was believed so far, Hornung-Andersen says.

He says there exists clear proof of the fact on the basis of the recently studied secret files.

The invention of the fall from the record high altitude was designed to conceal the fraud, he says.

Jitka Ungerova, Czech Civilian Aviation Authority spokeswoman, told CTK today the case of the Yugoslav plane crash was an evergreen and speculations on it appear in the media from time to time.

The current reports also belong to such speculations, she said, adding that Authority experts would not comment on them.

Author: ČTK
www.ctk.cz

Související zprávy

Žádné zprávy

Anketa

Mají rodiče zaměněných dětí nárok na milionové odškodné? (zpráva)

Celkem hlasovalo 484 uživatelů.
Reklama
Češi pro Lisabon
Češi pro Lisabon

Parlament by měl schválit lisabonskou smlouvu, myslí si většina Čechů

Senát řešil poplatky
Senát řešil poplatky

Děti do 18 let by podle senátu neměly platit poplatky u lékaře, senioři s nižším limitem

Velikost textu: a a A